Dreams Los Cabos in July 2012

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 efr525

efr525
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hi everyone! 

We are getting married this year at Dreams Los Cabos in July and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of which place to have the reception at: one of the pool terraces or inside?  I worry that since we are going to go in July it is going to be so hot and uncomfortable, and that the sand may be to hot to get married on the beach, and that people may be uncomfortable sitting outside, lol!!

What time do most people start their event since the music, etc has to end at 10:30? 

Also, anyone have any ideas on a band or dj?  I was just looking at the ones from the information packet Guillermo sent me. 

Thanks so much! 

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! Have fun with all your planning for the big day in Cabo. This is a great site to get started with all your planning... so much information can be found here and tips from vendors and brides! Do a quick search to find almost anything you need.

Have fun and keep smiling!

Warm Mexico Wishes... Linkn

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

For July, I would have your ceremony at 5:30 or 6pm.  it should only be for 30 mins. 

you can then have cocktail hour from 6:00-7:00ish... while your guests are having cocktails, you can have some pictures taken.

then the reception starts around 7...that is more than enough time to get dance, cake cutting, speeches, etc.

the most popular place to have the wedding if it is more than 20 people is the cascade terrace.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

For July, I would have your ceremony at 5:30 or 6pm.  it should only be for 30 mins. 

you can then have cocktail hour from 6:00-7:00ish... while your guests are having cocktails, you can have some pictures taken.

then the reception starts around 7...that is more than enough time to get dance, cake cutting, speeches, etc.

the most popular place to have the wedding if it is more than 20 people is the cascade terrace.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 efr525

efr525
      • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Thank you so much for the insight!!  I really appreciate it.  It is a big help knowing there are so many other people going through the same things at the same time :) 

#6 efr525

efr525
        • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Thank you so much for the insight!!  I really appreciate it.  It is a big help knowing there are so many other people going through the same things at the same time :) 

#7 bride3183

bride3183
          • 173 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

We started our ceremony at 4pm on the beach and then did the reception at the smaller pool (oceana terrace).  It was still really hot in October on the beach at 4pm but it was much cooler once you move to the pool.  I would probably take Tammy's suggestion if you want it to be a little cooler and do it at 5:30 or 6, although we wanted plenty of time for DJ/dancing so it's up to you!

Dreams Los Cabos - October 29, 2011

#8 efr525

efr525
            • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Thank you!  If I didn't teach, I would be able to marry and honeymoon anytime, but July it is :)   

I think I'm going to go with 5:30!  

Thank you so much everyone! 

#9 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

Welcome, happy wedding planning:)

#10 boscobel

boscobel