Lost- 101112- Where to start?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TomikaG101112

• 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

This forum is very informative, but also overwhelming.  I need someone to hold my hand PLEASE.  I have no idea what I'm doing and I have 6 months to get this together.

#2 marilili

• 200 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Congrats! I would talk to a travel agent who specializes in your location! If not you need to narrow down what location you want!  Once you narrowed down on a region, that travel agent could send you some resorts to look at.  Look at the Resort Reviews as well.  They are pretty detailed.

Good Luck.

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

you might want to start by:

• figuring out your budget
      • budget for what you want your guests to spend..usually most guests will want to stay 3-4 nights
      • All-inclusive or not
      • reading some reviews of different locations.

here are links to different locations and reviews...most reviews have pics to give you an idea...

Cabo Wedding Forum | Cabo Wedding Resort Reviews

Cancun/Riviera Maya Wedding Forum | Cancun/Riviera Maya Wedding Resort Reviews

Puerto Vallarta Wedding Forum | Puerto Vallarta Wedding Resort Reviews

Sandals Wedding Forum

Dominican Republic Wedding Forum | Dominican Republic Resort Reviews

Jamaica Wedding Forum | Jamaica Wedding Resort Reviews

Caribbean Wedding Forum (For Bahamas, Cuba, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, Turks & Caicos)

St. Lucia Resort Reviews

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

I think budget definetly has to come first.  All of our decisions were based on our budget.  Thats how we finally decided on a resort and location, and all the other things.  Set your budget and stick to it as best as possible. 

#5 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

The beginning is the most stressful, for sure.  Tammy gave you some great links to help you decide, but I also agree that you need to decide on budget first.  Once you have the budget, you can find the resort and once you have the resort everything else is easy peasy (in comparison).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users