Photo

is it horrible etiquette to pay for only some guests to go on a tour?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

My family and my bridesmaids are coming from England and paying loads of money to do so. My fiances Mexican friends are paying about 100-150 dollars for the flight

I wanted to take my family, fiances family and bridal party (2 bridesmaids) on a tour (they're all desperate to see chichen itza and its a special thankyou for people who trekked across the world). There's no possible way i can afford to pay for all 100 guests to go.

Part of me thinks its horribly rude...but, mexican guests will probably fly for a long weekend - thursday to monday - whereas english guests will be there 7-9 days. If i do it before mexican guests get there....then thats ok? Or is the etiquette that if all guests don't go then no guests should go for free?

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

I don't know the etiquette on this but what they don't know won't hurt them, right?  Its not like you are excluding people to be mean.  I get your reasoning and that you would love to do it for everyone but that will be very expensive.  I say do it either before or after the long weekend when your guests from England are there but the others aren't (assuming the others aren't staying as long).  GL!

#3 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
      • 296 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Ok i feel better about it then! providing i dont do it while the other guests are there i think its fine! thanks for reassuring me =)

Of course ideally id take everyone...but 100 people would be about 10,000 dollars!

#4 joda

joda
        • 205 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

I think if you can do it when others aren't around it is not an issue at all. And I think those that are spending so much coming to your wedding would really appreciate it.

#5 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

I agree with the other ladies-do it while your Mexican guests aren't there. And keep it on the down low- they don't need to know you payed for all of the other guests to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users