Sign in to follow this  
GG24

Early afternoon weddings?

Has anyone had an early afternoon wedding on the beach?  The only time that was available was a 1pm slot.  This was not ideal, but we really wanted the ceremony on the beach.  What I am wondering is how did you handle the events after the ceremony in terms of timeframe?  It seems from other posts that there can't really be any time lags between the events.  Seems that would have us eating dinner very early.  Would love to hear any comments or suggestions from any of you previous brides or brides to be.  Thanks so much!  

My friend had hers at 2pm and mine is also scheduled for 2pm. Our dinner starts at 6:30 and we have a cocktail/appetizer hour after the ceremony. It will give us lots of time for photos. I didn't mind the gap in between at my friends - I took a nap, sat by the pool for a bit. If you're at a resort then I don't really think it's that big of an issue because people can always find something to do in between.

I say let there be a time gap. I second taking a nap. Your guests are also on vacation and you want them to enjoy it. Also if kids are involved this lets them get some energy out after having to sit and be proper/clean for an hour and then having to go sit, be clean and quite at dinner.