Wedding at Resort, reception elsewhere (cancun/maya riveria area)?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 marilili

• 200 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

I was thinking of taking advantage of the resort wedding but not too excited about how the dinner receptions are set up.  anyone have a reception elsewhere and what options are?

#2 Yzzel

• 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hello Marilili,

I am not sure what hotel are you considering. I am in the same position as you, want to have a nice hotel but not the reception there. So, I look into this places: Blue Venado (my mom visited the place and said is really nice, a little bit rustic but the food is amazing!!), Kool Beach Club, Alux Restaurant (it's a cave and it seems amazing. Again, my mom went there for a site visit and she loved it!..). Another place is Lolita's Beach for ceremony and reception on the beach or..Restaurant Pavo Real (this is a Palapa and really nice but is far away from the beach). This are some of the places I look...if you find something else let me know...

#3 marilili

• 200 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

thanks for the info. I'm going to look them up.  I'mtill debating between dreams cancun or moon palace?  So many decisions.

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,073 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! Depending on the size of your wedding party and guests... maybe a beach option in Playa would work for you. 2 places come to mind that are very romantic and can accommodate groups of 20+ or so. Both are setup with beautiful candle light at night!

The first one would be Zenzi: IMG_8942 copy.jpg

IMG_8951 copy.jpg

IMG_8940 copy.jpg

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                              100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#5 starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

Hello and welcome to BDW!  Have you checked out any reviews?  You may find some good ideas for non-resort receptions.  Happy planning!

Cancun/Riviera Maya Wedding Forum | Cancun/Riviera Maya Wedding Resort Reviews

#6 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forums!

#7 marilili

• 200 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for all of the input.  I have been sending e-mails and I have been receiving menus and quotes.  So far I have most of the information on blue venado and Alux.  I'm just waiting to see how much they charge for privatizing the event.  If anyone want's the information send me a message.

#8 JessiTaylor

• 296 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:23 AM

Hi, i'm looking at non-resort receptions too! Blue venado seem great at reply to emails quickly, and willing to help make a really great event.Did you get any info for Zensi, fusion or kool beach club? Alux is out for me, as im looking to have ceremony and reception in same place (and on the beach). It all seems much simpler for people who go with the big resorts - but i dont want a place where guests have to stay there if they dont want to (or i get charged a lot, grand velas wanted 500 dollars more or less for every non hotel guest!)

I really love blue venado but im suffering from "what  if theres something better out there" syndrome so i'm trying to gather all the information i can..... Any information appreciated! I have all the menus and prices for Blue Venado if anyone needs them

Random aside - are you guys doing all this alone or have you involved a wedding co-ordinator? I thought i could do it completely alone but now im wondering if having someone to help pull it together would be helpful!

#9 JessiTaylor

• 296 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Well for me Kool Beach Club is out - i want a wedding as well as reception and you can't get onsite until 7pm. Since May sunset times are around 7.20pm  i'd have no time for photographs and the wedding would be in the dark! back to the drawing board...i have their information if anyone needs it though x

#10 marilili

• 200 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

I'd love if you could email me the kook beach info. Marilili18@hotmail.com I also keep going back to blue venado. Very easy to work with. I have a few others that I can't think off the top of my head, but I will email you the info and names, but it seemed that blue venado was still a more economical option for what you are getting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users