2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#461 crcombs

crcombs
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hi Christen,

I am thinking about getting married at the Gran Caribe and wanted to know your thoughts...pros and cons.

Chalonda

#462 mrsguinovart

mrsguinovart
    • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Thank you for the suggestion downtown@Nina0 @Christen thank you for the suggestion my group is about that side too so that would work great!

#463 mrsguinovart

mrsguinovart
      • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Size*

#464 nov152013

nov152013
        • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hi everyone! I am booked for November 15th and the Gran Caribe Catholic Chapel with the cocktail hour at the terrace and the reception at one of the ballrooms. We got the royal catholic wedding package. I have about a million questions about everything, but they pretty much boil down to, what should I use from the package and what should we spend the money to upgrade on? We are looking at about 75 people. I'm specially thinking about the photographer and videographer as well as the DJ to upgrade on. Having perfect pictures and video as well as a fantastic DJ that will go until midnight or 1 who can play everything from reggaeton to country are the most important things to us. Also, I'm planning on getting the STD cards within the next few weeks and we want to put as much travel info on our wedding website as possible so our guests can get the best deals they can; what suggestions does everyone have? Any advice on anything would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

#465 nov152013

nov152013
          • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I am booked for November 15th at GCR!! Catholic chapel, Cocktail hour on the terrace, and the reception in the ballroom. We picked the royal catholic wedding package. My main concern is what from the package should we keep and what should we upgrade on or get outside vendors for. I'm thinking the photographer, videographer, and DJ--thoughts?? Also, how to get the best deals for our guests for rooms at GCR and flights. Thanks!!

#466 Catish11

Catish11
            • 72 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Perfect!!! I hate to think of having to pay for a welcome dinner when everyone paid for their meals already!!! So you guys all showed up @ same time to Sunset Grille and they took you in w/o a problem?? 

#467 ncalvar

ncalvar
              • 53 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Have you done your review yet? I'm excited to read it. =)

#468 ncalvar

ncalvar
                • 53 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Also does anybody know if you have to do all the mexican traditions if you're getting married at the chapel?  Wondering if anyone got away with not doing the whole lazo and coins?

#469 Catish11

Catish11
                  • 72 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

I would like to know the same!! The lazo I wouldnt mind so much, but the coins are too much for me!! 

#470 Emily11386

Emily11386
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 244 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

I asked my wedding coordinator about the Mexican traditions ie the coins, lazo, ect and was told that those are part of a Catholic wedding (in Mexican tradition) and if you are having a catholic ceremony those are part of it.
                      May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
                      33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users