• VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

#12 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
    • 272 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

Congrats and Welcome!  I love working at the Grand Coral Beach Club and would highly recommend it!  Weddings there are extremely private and very intimate.  Check out Grand Coral Beach Club Wedding, Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Grand Coral Beach Club Wedding, Riviera Maya, Mexico.    Grand Coral Beach Club Wedding, Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Grand Coral Beach Club Wedding, Riviera Maya, Mexico.

#13 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

Welcome!! Good luck with your decision on choosing the perfect location!

#14 InnaDaniel

InnaDaniel
      • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

·  Hi Melissa,

Congratulations!!  I too got engaged in October, and have a wedding coming up in less than 3 weeks, on March 31st!!!

In November, I had an opportunity to fly to the area and do almost 10 site inspections across Playa del Carmen - and chose the new Paradisus La Perla/La Esmeralda as our wedding location.  First and foremost, I loved the fact that the hotel was new (we're going to be one of the first weddings there), and I loved that the hotel didn't feel like a 'wedding factory', which is how many of the other resorts felt like.  Not to mention, Paradisus offers wedding packages for EVERY budget, and their packages are really customizable - which was an extremely important factor for my fiance and I in choosing our location.  I can also tell you that all of their weddings are considered private functions - so they don't lump your festivities with all the other resort guests around (again, this was something I didn't really see offered at the other resorts).  

The minute that we chose our package, we kicked off our pre-planning efforts with their team - which has been fantastic during this time.  What I found at the other resorts is that the official planning/finalization of wedding elements wasn't really going to begin until we'd get to the resort, and that worried me.  The last thing i'd want to do is finalize things on arrival - being the pre-planner that I am by nature, it was important that I work with someone who could help get everything planned and finalized ahead of time.  With Paradisus, its been fantastic because they have an entire 'Romance Team', who works in tandem with each bride.  So, i was assigned a 'wedding planner' right away and have been working with her for months for our impending wedding.  She's been someone that i've been able to call on and email at any time, and she's always available to me - to ask questions, to discuss ideas, etc (even to vent on days i'm completely stressing).!  It really has been the most wonderful experience in having her at my disposal.  Being that she's out of their corporate offices in the US, i've also had someone assigned to me for planning purposes who works on-site at the property.  Talk about feeling spoiled!  She too has been amazing, and extremely helpful because she's physically onsite and has been able to act as my eyes and ears!

That said, I found the Paradisus to be a good size property - not too big, not too small - and has a number of locations available for all your wedding elements - ceremony, cocktail hour and reception!

As far as your photographer goes - check out Del Sol Photogaphy.  Choosing a photographer was one of the most important elements for us, and we found that Del Sol would be our only choice -- considering their reputation and the work that they do.  Take a look at their portfolio on their website, and you'll see what I mean.  Their work speaks for itself!

I hope i've been helpful to you!  Naturally, i'll have more to share after my wedding in a few weeks. :)

Inna

·        

#15 Megan Santiago

Megan Santiago
        • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Best of luck with your wedding tomorrow Inna! I am looking forward to hearing your reviews as I visited Paradisus on March 13 and am hoping to book my wedding there for October. Would love any feedback you can provide on the resort and how your special day went!

All the Best

Megan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users