Photo

2012 Riu Sante Fe Brides

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#11 tiffanylauren

tiffanylauren
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm glad you started a new thread! I am having my wedding on April 21st! It's sneaking.  What recommendations do you have for hair/nails/makeup? I have made an appointment but only got the Royal package so it does not include that in my package and am considering othere places if the prices are reasonable.  Do any of ya'll plan on renting out the disco for the reception? I am hearing mixed reviews but do not know where we would have the "reception" or at least a place for us to do our first dance...anyway, congrats to you all!

#12 jennalyn

jennalyn
    • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

I have actually stayed at the Riu Santa Fe before. So if you have any questions you want to ask, I can try to help!

#13 tiffanylauren

tiffanylauren
      • 30 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

Thank you Jenna.  I have stayed at the Santa Fe in 2009 and loved it, however I do not remember us going into the disco.  I have heard mixed reviews about it and some people say it is dark and a waste of money to rent out for a reception but I am not hearing of any other alternatives...

#14 jennalyn

jennalyn
        • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

haha i never went into the disco either! I was thinking of looking into how much it costs to get VIP at one of the bars in Cabo...that was just an idea

#15 tiffanylauren

tiffanylauren
          • 30 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

Would you mind sending me some of the information- flower pictures etc. you have received ?  I have only gotten a few details.  I imagine she will contact me next month since my wedding is in April but would like to get a head start.  Thank you!! :)  AND CONGRATS!

#16 riusantefebride

riusantefebride
            • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yeah we have no idea what we are gonna do after dinner. I cant imagine paying as much as they are asking for the disco rental.. we might go to some disco... im not too concerned about the after dinner party; as we are gonna be having a big party when we get back to calgary. So im thinking we will just wing it. anyone have any ideas? Keep me posted what you girls figure out!

Also any reviews on the hotel salon? as we have the caprice package and i get free hair and manicure with the resort salon... but im possibly thinking suzanne morel... 

What is everyones wedding colors? Im thinking purple.. maybe pink.... 

what are your guys wearing?

#17 tiffanylauren

tiffanylauren
              • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

I am having purple as my main wedding color.  The girls are wearing short, one shoulder dresses and I believe the boys will be in white linen shirts... not sure though- left that up to my fiance :)  I am going to go ahead and get my hair/nails done at the resort because of it being included in the package.  Thank you so much Krys for your all of your info yesterday on the Sunset Mona Lisa... I talked it over with my fiance and we are just going to keep it at the resort because of my date not being available. I think we have also decided against the disco.. may go hang out by the pool for a little bit then go out...still up in the air though :)

#18 jennalyn

jennalyn
                • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

my girls are wearing grey strapless dresses, and the guys are wearing grey and white. i might go with some tropical coloured flowers for a pop of colour!

#19 Krys21

Krys21
                  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

No Problem Tiff!  Your wedding is going to be beautiful no matter what location!  Cabo is so beautiful!!  We have to leave the SDML at 10pm (with the option of paying more to stay later).  I wanted to go back to the disco, but I'm concerned it might be stinky!!  We have a some-what small group, so maybe we'll just play it by ear. 

My girls are wearing peachy-tangerine coloured infinity dresses and the groomsmen are wearing linen suit pants and vest in a wheat colour from J. Crew! Picking out their outfits was harder than choosing my wedding dress!   Flowers are all traditional roses in cream and peach colours.  

Jen I think your grey dresses with tropical flowers will look really good!

#20 tiffanylauren

tiffanylauren
                    • 30 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Thank you! I think it will be pretty either way too :) I am unsure about the disco because I have also heard about the smell and low lighting and we only have about 25 people and do not want to waste money on something that everyone will just be standing around... We will be at the RIU the same time!!!  =))))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users