HELP! Negril, Jamaica wedding on December 12, 2012

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 carremel

carremel
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hi ladies,

My high school sweetheart finally popped the question on Christmas day after 11 years (not that I was counting heehe) and we have chosen to do our wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I always imagined getting married in a church but because we will celebrate our special day away from home, it is quite challenging to find a catholic chapel near the resort we are interested in booking. We are looking at booking Couples Swept Away but our plan is to have a chapel wedding then have a beachside reception with a very casual but classy ambiance by having food on the grill and a live reggae band (with a female vocalist) playing. Is this at all possible? I would love to hear all your suggestions and recommendations. Thank you for all your help in advance.

P.S. Can you also recommend a photographer, florist, wedding planner, hair and make up artist?

Melissa 

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hi Melissa,

Congratulations on your engagement!

You might want to read some of the Jamaica Wedding Resort Reviews to see what vendors were used.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 scooter514

scooter514
    • 155 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

We are getting married at Couples Swept Away in April and using Misha Earle for a photographer and we are so excited because we think her work is great.

#4 scooter514

scooter514
      • 155 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

Also, if you contact Misha she will send you names for other vendors who are available in Jamaica.

#5 Giffojess1

Giffojess1
        • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Carremel,

For Negril you can contact Ari with Negril Jamaica Weddings (Google her). Her work is good and she also has a website. I recommend Floral Fantasy for flowers as they are reasonably priced and very good work, they also have a website.

Roan Robinson of Candid Expressions Photography is good with the photography, Debra Barrett of Queen Bee salon is excellent and she is based in Negril at Negril Escape but will travel to CSA.

Another good wedding planner is Jewel Marsh of Jewel Events, she is base din Ocho Rios but will travel and I found her prices quoted to be reasonable as long as you are specific in what you want so she can price accordingly !

Another option is Negril Escape which is on the Cliffs but they can do the Ceremony and Reception ans its a casual, unique but still elegant ambiance.

You can Google them and their info will pop up or find them on Facebook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users