October 2012 Brides!!!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 teamboyd2012

teamboyd2012
  • Site Supporter
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Oh we'll be there on the 16th too!!! Most of our guests are coming on the 18th though. YES, the photographer put us waaay over but I soooo loved him that I had to do it. And I really want to do something special too and give guests an opportunity to get away from the resort, as a group. I figure we were already over, so there's a LOT of overtime and cutting out of 'extras' until October to make up for this 'bump' in the budget. And I think we'll def be cutting down on the OOT bag stuff (which I am completely obsessed with). Then b/c of this site I'm totally DIYing more than I thought so that should save too (although I'm completey sure I'll find a way to sneak more into OOT bags if $ frees up) LOL

#22 Blujaye

Blujaye
    • Site Supporter
    • 96 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hi! I'm an October bride as well. We're getting married at the Riu Ocho Rios in Jamaica on October 6th and we're super excited!! I already got my dress; in fact I got it at a bridal blow out sale two weeks after getting engaged (nope I just couldn't wait). Tonight, I'm going with my sister who is my MOH and my oldest niece who will be a BM to look at dresses. So that should be fun.

My fiance and I are still looking for a photographer and have it narrowed down to 3 we really like but I hope to have it finalized real soon.

But congrats to all my fellow October brides!!

Marrying my best friend on October 6th, 2012 at the Riu Ocho Rios!!

#23 Skygirl

Skygirl
      • 512 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

@ Katelyn, mine is OCTOBER 8 also at NOW LARIMAR!!!!wohooo

omg i just read the rest of ur post, im finishing my RN in MAY myself, how weard...

Originally Posted by Katelyn Carney 

I am also an October 2012 Bride! :) Getting married at Excellence Punta Cana on Oct 8, 2012! I know the feeling, I have the place, and my dress...I haven't been able to do that much because of graduate school, currrently finishing my Masters in Nursing...will be done with this semester in a few days, and as soon Christmas passes, I am going to do as much as I can, before my LAST semester starts...then I won't do anything probably until June! SO I know the feeli ng!

But we'll get iT all done and it will be prefect!

Congrats!

#24 teamboyd2012

teamboyd2012
        • Site Supporter
        • 47 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Welcome BluJaye & Skygirl  and CONGRATULATIONS!  Beware - the site is extremely addicting!

BluJaye - I adore Ocho Rios! It's so beautiful. Did you find dresses for your bridal party?

Skygirl - I don't know how you (and Katelyn) do it. I can barely focus on work with the wedding and you have work, school, family, etc... But then maybe that's just my focusing problem.... LOL

#25 Skygirl

Skygirl
          • 512 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

@teamboyd. Yes, this site is really addictive. It helped me a lot. Well, i booked in oct 2011 and made my STD, now im dress shopping. And the airline just came out from BOS-PUJ, and it makes me go crazy. so $$$ $650. so im kind of nervous, i know it will go down, but when u have a lot of people who is waiting on me to say BOOKIT, makes me sick...

#26 teamboyd2012

teamboyd2012
            • Site Supporter
            • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

Aaaahhhhh! I am so not ashamed to say I was STALKING the Jet Blue site yesterday waiting for the extended schedule! LOL

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think the $600 (617 from NY)  is too crazy (and it will go down). Looking at airfare before the schedule was extended all the flights out of NY were $450-500 (very reasonable) and had a 2-4 hour layover. So I think most ppl would be happy to pay the additional 50-100 extra each way in order to get there in less than 1/2 the time and not have to worry about transfer of luggage or planes. But this is just my opinion....

#27 Skygirl

Skygirl
              • 512 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

honestly i have used jetblue from BOS-PUJ many times at different seasons, and as far as i can recall i it was never more the 500 for direct non stop

#28 teamboyd2012

teamboyd2012
                • Site Supporter
                • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Sky - I fully believe that it'll be right around $500 (hopefully less)  but as they just extended the schedule on Sunday they're going to try to get highest price possible. I'm confident over the next few weeks/months the airfare will go down. But I understand your feeling since I have a couple in my group who have been itching over airfare so I'm stalling even telling them the schedule is open... 

#29 LonaJ

LonaJ
                  • 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

It looks like we are all playing the waiting game for air fare. I've seen a drop in the prices for air fare in New Orleans, I'm hoping prices will drop some more. When I first started monitoring rates they were $737 now they have dropped to $676. Prices for Los Angeles and Dallas are still the same, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we see a significant decrease in the next couple of months.

#30 MzChoklat

MzChoklat
                    • 27 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hey Ladies,

Nassau, Bahamas Bride on board 10/20/2012!  I thank God that I booked our flights when I did because Gas prices are on the rise.  It's gonna be the death of some of our guests, so we may have less than what we are expecting. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users