Photo

Legal Wedding in Canada

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nishabella

nishabella
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

For any brides in Toronto who want to get the paperwork out of the way before you leave, we just had our signing with Rev. Rudy Heezen. He was great! We didn't want it to feel like anything special because we didn't want to take away from the actual wedding day. Rudy was totally accommodating, showed up on time, and was very easygoing. He charged $125 to come to my condo and do the signing. I think it's a great option if anyone doesn't want to do the paperwork in their destination. Hi info is at www.rudyheezen.com.

#2 yunric

yunric
    • 93 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

Thanks you Nisha- i was thinking of the same thing.  Our Mexico wedding is real... this one is just to sign.  Thank you for the info.

#3 yunric

yunric
      • 93 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

BTW- went to a DW at the Elegance 2yrs ago.  You will be blown away by the location, the service, the beach, the food...  Your wedding will be off the hook!!

Make sure you make reservations at their teppanyaki resto.  GREAT sushi and he makes a MEAN caipiringha!

Take travelmugs- their cups for cocktails were smallish.

:)

#4 canadacabo

canadacabo
        • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Canadians.  I can relate.  We did our signing at home before our wedding and I can say that it saved a lot of paper work, and also, the paper work stuff is kind of boring for guests at a wedding.  

#5 SS2012

SS2012
          • 180 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

hi ladies, quick question: what exactly does one have to do to get legally married in Ontario? we are just having a symbolic wedding in Punta Cana, but I'm not really sure what we need to do to make it legal in Ontario. Like you, we just want something very minimal since we consider Punta Cana our real wedding. How does it work? We have to say words in front of someone and sign papers? Any help would be appreciated! thanks! 

#6 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
            • 423 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

SS,

Call your local municipality, ie. Toronto City Hall. They will issue you a Marriage Licence and should have a marriage commissioner available to perform a short ceremony and sign the papers.

Originally Posted by SS2012 

hi ladies, quick question: what exactly does one have to do to get legally married in Ontario? we are just having a symbolic wedding in Punta Cana, but I'm not really sure what we need to do to make it legal in Ontario. Like you, we just want something very minimal since we consider Punta Cana our real wedding. How does it work? We have to say words in front of someone and sign papers? Any help would be appreciated! thanks! 

#7 SS2012

SS2012
              • 180 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

amazing! thanks so much :) i will be calling!!

#8 SS2012

SS2012
                • 180 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

i just noticed your wedding is coming up so soon! you must be getting super excited :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users