Welcome Aboard Bags????

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 okmyers

okmyers
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Ok Brides and Newleweds....

I need some help. I am getting married aboard the Carnival Conquest in June 2012. I originally wanted to do "Welcome Aboard" bags for the 30 or so guest we have sailing with us. BUT when I really started shopping around, I realized how hard it was to create "special" bags for women, men, teenagers, and children all the same. I'm starting to think I should have something special made for the women (monogrammed make-up bags) and something special made for men. And something different for the kids. HELP I'm confused and I would love to hear some suggestions!

#2 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
    • 923 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

I would look at the thread that has a master list of oot bag contents. If you look in the cruise wedding sections they suggest things like tolietries, motion sickness bands and air freshers. I think someone mentioned putting money on their accounts for drinks and pool toys for the kids. I'm sure you can get mini bottles of alcohol past security, I know on carnival you can bring two bottles of wine per person, so you can give couples wine before they board. You really should try searching though, there's a lot of threads like this started.

#3 bostoncruiser35

bostoncruiser35
      • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:16 AM

I like the idea of having something special for each member of the family for each oot bag, but it is alot of work. If you are up to it, I love the make up bag idea for the women, you can do the same for the men just a more masculine travel bag. For the kids depending on ages, maybe younger ones could get a cute bag with goggles and a coloring book and crayons, mid age goggles and cards maybe older could get the bags like the adults.

#4 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
        • 923 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Good Ideas...I bought makeup bag sets from Dollar Tree for my bags, They have a satin finish and different patterns (zebra, leopard, dots, ect) and there is a large and small one. I also got plastic ones with colored zippers and the smaller bag is the same material as the reusable grocery bags. It's pretty awesome for 2 for a $1.

Originally Posted by bostoncruiser35 

I like the idea of having something special for each member of the family for each oot bag, but it is alot of work. If you are up to it, I love the make up bag idea for the women, you can do the same for the men just a more masculine travel bag. For the kids depending on ages, maybe younger ones could get a cute bag with goggles and a coloring book and crayons, mid age goggles and cards maybe older could get the bags like the adults.

#5 OurSpecialDay1

OurSpecialDay1
          • 30 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 19, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Montego Bay

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

Welcome aboard and Congratulations on your up coming wedding.  I am a Carnival Conquest bride to  on Sept.19 , 2012 offshore on the beach in the Port of Montego Bay. The Reception will be at All-Inclusive hotel called DeCameron.   I have so far 35 guest and rising lol.  Here are some items that I thought about putting in my bags: a Survival Kit with advil, alkaselzer,altoids, gum or mints, motion sickness meds, pepto bismol , hand sanitizer a sticker that reads In Sickness and In Health on the Meds. Luggage tag with a business card from Vista Print inside with our wedding logo , a key holder to put around their necks with the same cards from Vista Print reading To have and To Hold your sign and sail card. A bag of popcorn with a label that reads Have you had a Poppin' Good Time? Thanks for sharing our special day ! Our names and the Wedding Date.

Here are  some wordings that you can use for labels for your survival kit

Too Much Booze (BC,

Too Much Sun ( if you want to put some sunscreen lotion or lip balm)

Too Much Food (pepto, alkerselzer

Too Much Fun

I haven't found a bag yet for them so I might just do a gift bag with my colors and ribbons.

I don't want to spend much on bags 1.50 is the max and I don't see any cheaper. 

Any ideas Ladies for OOOT bags?

I have seen a template for the survival kit on her but I haven't saved it yet.

Also I wanted to mention with my Bridesmaids I'm only having 2 their bags will be a little diffent.  I'm trying to find a straw bag for them and add some sunglasses , Brides Entorouge tank shirt and a passport wallet.

I hope that this helped .  Let's keep in touch so that we can compare wedding info for the Carnival Conquest.  You can PM me. 

#6 cgf061913

cgf061913
          • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

I just booked my wedding for June 19, 2013 on the Carnival Conquest.  Please keep me posted on how everything turned out for your wedding.  I absolutely love the welcome bag idea.

Congrats

#7 CantWait13

CantWait13
            • Banned
            • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

That is so amazing!  There is a photographer doing free New Orleans weddings.  She was booked for my wedding date but you might like her!  http://www.jenniferb...ng-photographer

#8 blondi1029

blondi1029
              • 152 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

I am also making welcome bags but I'm making the adult bags very unisex... Kids I'm giving them a lil shovel and bucket instead of a bag full off little goodies and am making my own coloring books n crayon packets

#9 Brook53

Brook53
                • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

I am just looking at cruise weddings now.  

I am so confused, so I am hoping this site and you ladies help me!

I read above about having the reception at a hotel when in port?

How do I inquire about this??

#10 mscheryl10

mscheryl10
                  • 154 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by blondi1029 

I am also making welcome bags but I'm making the adult bags very unisex... Kids I'm giving them a lil shovel and bucket instead of a bag full off little goodies and am making my own coloring books n crayon packets

The shovel/bucket idea is great, I am glad you mentioned it that way the kids will have something to play with on the beach, thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users