November 2012 Brides?

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#361 McLecker

McLecker
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by bambaleo 

To those of you having your formal pix taken during the cocktail hour, did your photographer say anything about the lighting at that time?

Our ceremony is from 4:30-5 so my photog says b/c of sundown at 5pm, he thinks we should take the formal pix before the ceremony. Thoughts?

we are having our ceremony at 3:30 to allow for pics from 4-5:30 when the sun sets. Apparently sunset is difficult to take pics against so they recommend an hour or 2 before it.

#362 jjurkovich

jjurkovich
    • 46 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hmmm....good point.  I haven't talked to my photographer, but our ceremony is 4:00, so it'll be over by 4:20....hoping we have enough time for good pics....he says he doesn't see me before, so it'll have to do I guess!

#363 bambaleo

bambaleo
      • 68 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Do photographers typically stay the whole reception? Our photographer was initially only going to stay for the first hour of the ceremony, but we're probably going to pay extra for the additional hours. Seems strange to me to not stay the whole time since there's so much going on during the whole reception to capture on film!

#364 AllieH

AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Do photographers typically stay the whole reception? Our photographer was initially only going to stay for the first hour of the ceremony, but we're probably going to pay extra for the additional hours. Seems strange to me to not stay the whole time since there's so much going on during the whole reception to capture on film!  

No, they usually capture the big moments, cake, dances, garter, bouquet toss. So you have to plan when those happen and coordinate with how long you have the photog.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#365 essandpea

essandpea
        • 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Our photography package was by # of (consecutive) hours, so we are skipping the pre-wedding stuff, opting to start at the ceremony and have more of the reception.  

#366 essandpea

essandpea
          • 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

AllieH!! Did I miss the "I'm back; I'm married!!!" post anywhere? You're back (online, at least); you're married!!! 

#367 AllieH

AllieH
            • 2,014 posts
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

AllieH!! Did I miss the "I'm back; I'm married!!!" post anywhere? You're back (online, at least); you're married!!! 

I'm married!! It was a dream wedding. We are honeymooning through Saturday, so a few more days in paradise. Thank goodness for wifi lol I can't post pics from my iPad easily here, but I will share some when we get home!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#368 essandpea

essandpea
            • 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

I'm married!! It was a dream wedding. We are honeymooning through Saturday, so a few more days in paradise.
              Thank goodness for wifi lol I can't post pics from my iPad easily here, but I will share some when we get home!

Look at you being all helpful on your honeymoon!! Get back to maxin' and relaxin' -- congratulations on your dream wedding; looking forward to hearing all about it!

#369 AllieH

AllieH
              • 2,014 posts
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Have a friend take the getting ready photos for you. Are you doing a first look? Your big day is right around the corner!

#370 essandpea

essandpea
              • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Good idea! No first look planned... the mere thought of one makes me nervous. I don't even want to walk down the aisle. Can I just materialize at the altar?

Originally Posted by AllieH 

Have a friend take the getting ready photos for you. Are you doing a first look?
                Your big day is right around the corner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users