Originally Posted by McLecker
Hey Ladies! 3 weeks until we leave to go.... and I feel like I have most things under control.... well except the brother and sister-in-law who decided to get a divorce about a month ago - and so we had to change everything and cancel her flight - even though she couldn't get her money back... and then today - find out they are going to try to give it another shot. So I have to regig everything again - go back to the resort with new table seatings, menu choices etc.... and wait til monday to hear from our travel agent if she can still come on the trip she paid for but cancelled.... Ah family drama. Feels good to vent amongst people who understand.
ANYWAY - With 3 weeks to go - I was wondering what you guys have on your todo lists? I don't want to forget anything - and so I figured if some of you could share those last minute to dos - then we can all be sure we aren't missing anything.
For me -
- I picked up kids gifts for their min oot bags,
- Practice first kiss (they say this is important)
- practice first dance
- Need to buy new suitcase (mine broke last week)
- finish downloading all music
- buy sexy underwear for night of wedding
- pack oot bag boxes and own luggagge
- wrap bm and gm gifts
- Finish welcome book - update and finalize agenda
- Crafts to finish escort cards, door hangers
- Book Car to take us to the airport (taxi or towncar for group)
- Take Ring in for cleaning before we leave
- Oh yah... write vows
- Write Bride and Groom thank you speech
Yikes, McLecker... hope the family situation gets sorted out okay!
The only things we have in addition to yours above are:
- finalize menus for Thanksgiving night dinner and reception dinner
- find out the table set up for reception dinner so I can do seating arrangements and decor
- buy unsexy but appropriate :-) under-wear for certain outfits
- confirm contracts with vendors and pay balances
- create a registry (we weren't going to do this due to asking fam/friends to make this big trip, but we've been convinced otherwise...)
- make a detailed master schedule for our four days of events
- plan the honeymoon (a-hem, so late on this)
- make a guestbook of sorts
- think of favors (leaning towards a Mexican sweet? ideas welcome...)
- assign point people (for tours and activities/formal photos/cocktail hour, etc.)
Originally Posted by AllieH
ok ladies, I've got my wedding stuff packed - 2 suitcases to check, and a 3rd suitcase going to a friend to bring with her. Tomorrow we'll get all of our clothes and such packed. Then a day and a half of work, and I'm outta here!
I'm not sure of the appropriate send-off, so: and !!! Have a great time, AllieH!!! Will be thinking of you on Nov. 5 and sending happy wedding vibes!