Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AllieH

November 2012 Brides?

Recommended Posts

Hi Monique! welcome to the Roll Call. I love Key West - my FI's mom lives there. What a great place for a DW!!! 

Originally Posted by MoniqueJ View Post

Hey Ladies!!!  I'm getting married November 24, 2012 in Key West!!  Can't wait!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY another November bride!!! 

 

how's your planning coming along? 

Originally Posted by Adesir8 View Post

Hi Everyone!

 

It's offficial...getting married Nov 10, 2012 at Dreams La Romana, in the Dominican Republic! truly excited!

 

I won't freak you guys out with my lists again, but I did have a fitting for my dress (way, WAY ahead of schedule), found my jewelry, and have all the stuff ordered for my invites. I am doing a semi-DIY invite - got the invite, rsvp and registry printed online, and then bought pretty envelopes, making a sash for the invites and envelope liners. I may also add some sort of badge or pretty closure to the sash, but we'll see! 

 

6 months from tomorrow for me! 

 

how is everyone else?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allie you are so ahead of the game!

 

We picked out the guys sandals last weekend and bought FI's shirt for the TTD session. 

 

I'm still working on flowers.  We have all the bridesmaids dresses ordered and I have their shoes and jewelry, I still need to find my jewelry- any recommendations? 

 

I need to start looking for paper and such for my DIY invites that I think I will attempt to start making in June. 

 

We got our engagement pics done yesterday!!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Allie!  Planning is going so so. Everytime I think I get ahead, work comes in and takes up all my time. Luckily my parents and sister have been amazing! I talk to my SOB at least twice a day.  We're going down to the DR next week to solidify location/target items etc. Should be fun.

 

Still trying to figure out invites.  We sent out an email Save-the-dates a couple of months ago, and I'm debating on sending a more formal once via mail and still send out the invites.  Thoughts? Where'd you guys order yours from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure If i have posted in here yet, but we are getting married at dreams cancun november 28th of this year !!

 

I have gotten my dress and accessories, my bridesmaid dresses, completed our passport invites and booked the venue for our AHR. I have also gotten candy jars for our candy buffett and centerpieces for the mexico wedding and the AHR. I feel pretty organized, just a few more things and we will be good to go. Thank goodness alot of stuff will be taken care of in mexico for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Shan,

 

Yes - I'm completely OCD with the planning. If it's any consolation - my FI does not even HAVE his suit yet, much less any shoes. He's told me he wants to wear an "ecru or bone" linen suit - which frankly I'm not thrilled about. I don't know what color shirt he wants, or tie, or shoes, or whatever. Letting it go.... he's a grown man and I suppose he can pick out his own clothes. 

 

Can't wait to see your e-pics!!! so cool! 

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Allie you are so ahead of the game!

 

We picked out the guys sandals last weekend and bought FI's shirt for the TTD session. 

 

I'm still working on flowers.  We have all the bridesmaids dresses ordered and I have their shoes and jewelry, I still need to find my jewelry- any recommendations? 

 

I need to start looking for paper and such for my DIY invites that I think I will attempt to start making in June. 

 

We got our engagement pics done yesterday!!!! :)

 

 

Adesir - ohhhh a trip to DR next week sounds LOVELY. I'm really wanting a trip to lay on the beach asap. Yeah, not happening for us unfortunately. The most I'm hoping for is a night at a hotel locally that has a nice pool lol 

 

We did the email STD also. A friend of mine designed my invites (she did my STD and all of the paper stuff for the wedding), and then we had it printed with 123print.com. I was going to use VistaPrint, and had a couple of groupons for them. But I found that VistaPrint didn't have the sizes I wanted and it was just a pain to use. 123print.com was super easy, had standard invite sizes, and they came much faster than the stuff I did order from VistaPrint (with in a week!). I get 15% and 20% off coupons from them pretty frequently, and it's still really affordable. 

Originally Posted by Adesir8 View Post

Thanks Allie!  Planning is going so so. Everytime I think I get ahead, work comes in and takes up all my time. Luckily my parents and sister have been amazing! I talk to my SOB at least twice a day.  We're going down to the DR next week to solidify location/target items etc. Should be fun.

 

Still trying to figure out invites.  We sent out an email Save-the-dates a couple of months ago, and I'm debating on sending a more formal once via mail and still send out the invites.  Thoughts? Where'd you guys order yours from?

 

 

Hi Kelly - welcome to the roll call!! You are cruising on the planning too. 

Originally Posted by kellykanester View Post

Not sure If i have posted in here yet, but we are getting married at dreams cancun november 28th of this year !!

 

I have gotten my dress and accessories, my bridesmaid dresses, completed our passport invites and booked the venue for our AHR. I have also gotten candy jars for our candy buffett and centerpieces for the mexico wedding and the AHR. I feel pretty organized, just a few more things and we will be good to go. Thank goodness alot of stuff will be taken care of in mexico for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, that does make me feel better Allie! We haven't looked for my FI's suit yet either...trying to put off those expensive purchases, lol.  We did actually order the guys linen pants last night from Old Navy- they were only $24. Hopefully they work! :) So we have the ties picked out, we just have to order then and then I will be done with the guys minus the FI's suit! :) 

 

I can't wait either- I keep checking FB every day hoping there is a sneak peak up for th e-pics, even though I know there won't be for at least a week! I just hope I don't look like a hot mess since it was 94 degrees and HUMID (gotta love the midwest) outside for our pics! But I figured if she can make me look good in that, I will look AMAZING in our wedding pics, hahahaha! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks AllieH for the info! and a hotel with a nice pool still works for me...with this horrible weather we've been having in NY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×