Savannah wedding reception venues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 meggo623

• 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hi All,

My fiance and I are getting married in Savannah, GA next October. We're in the process of renting a city square for our ceremony and now we need to find a reception venue for about 60 people. My fiance really wants to have a low-key reception at a nice restaurant whereas I would rather have a reception at a historic home or garden. Is there anything inbetween?  

I've already looked at the Mansion at Forsyth Park and that is too expensive and the Harper Folkes house is not available. Other ideas?

Also, any other Savannah brides out there? Feel free to post about your wedding here!

#2 starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

Please come back and let us know what you've found!  I don't know that we've had any/many Savannah brides but what a wonderful place for a wedding.  Happy planning!

#3 julesbabz

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

Just stumbled upon this website, was wondering if you've found anything?  I got married in Savannah back in 2003.  Had the ceremony and reception at The Gingerbread House.  I was gorgeous, they even have a courtyard for the ceremony.

#4 WildAngel09

• 82 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

Im getting married in Savannah this October!  Was wondering if you ever found anything!

#5 agm04

• 548 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

One of my best friends got married in Savannah (her hometown) in 2010.  The ceremony was on the square (no clue if I said that right!) and the reception was at Olde Pink House.  The food was wonderful.  They didn't have a band or DJ, just a nice dinner, cake cutting, toasts, etc.  I thought it was lovely.  I was a bridesmaid and helped with some pre-wedding things at Olde Pink House and found them to be very helpful and accomodating.  Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users