St. Thomas Wedding Reception Help!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nolacruiser6

nolacruiser6
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hi All,

I am hoping you all can help me.  We are getting married in St. Thomas, in April of 2012 at Lindquist beach.  We would like to have an informal lunch somewhere close by before getting back on the ship.  We are not looking to spend tons of money and we anticipate our wedding party to be around 25.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

#2 acireta

acireta
    • Site Supporter
    • 750 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

We want the same sort of thing after getting married at Limetree Beach, and we decided to go with Iggie's Beach Bar, after some info from Janelle at Island Bliss Weddings and some research.

Here's what Janelle said, when I asked for a beachy/relaxed venue:

For lunch spots, you can't beat Iggies for a fun beach location. This is located at Bolongo Bay Resort and very close to Lime Tree Beach. Also a nice option is Fat Turtle in Yacht Haven Grande – while it is not a beach location, it is a fun island atmosphere and within walking distance back to the ship.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#3 nolacruiser6

nolacruiser6
      • 229 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

Awesome thanks!

#4 nolacruiser6

nolacruiser6
        • 229 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

Have you heard anything about the restaurant Wikked??  It looks like it is also located close to the ships as well. 

#5 acireta

acireta
          • Site Supporter
          • 750 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

I haven't really heard anything about it, but the pics look really cool!

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#6 krenae

krenae
            • 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Acireta, I'm looking to have a welcome reception at Iggie's in March. Did your WC set everything up, or were you in contact with someone at Bolongo? I sent an email to Lorena but I was wondering if you had another contact.

#7 beachbunnybride

beachbunnybride
              • 25 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

please tell me more about janelle..all ive read sounds good but im neverous about not going thur the resort. i have a few months to decide still.  

#8 acireta

acireta
                • Site Supporter
                • 750 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Janelle is setting everything up. They don't take reservations, so she's just giving them a heads-up call that week. We're also not doing a set menu, just running a tab for everyone's lunch and drinks. They won't do a set menu unless you have at least 18 people, I think. We have 23 so we could, but I'd just rather let everyone order what they want.

Originally Posted by krenae 

Acireta,
                  I'm looking to have a welcome reception at Iggie's in March. Did your WC set everything up, or were you in contact with someone at Bolongo? I sent an email to Lorena but I was wondering if you had another contact.

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#9 beachbunnybride

beachbunnybride
                  • 25 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

i did end up going with jannell so far she is very good about getting back with me and it all seems pretty simple. Chairs are kinda pricey do you think there are a must have? 

#10 nolacruiser6

nolacruiser6
                    • 229 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

I did the chairs, but we only had 16 guests with us so it wasn't too bad on the price. For us it was a must because we had a few people that would not be able to stand the whole ceremony and we wanted everyone to be comfortable.  I would say if you have a lot of young guests then you can probably due without the chairs, but if you have an older crowd I would consider them.  Our entire ceremony could not have been longer than 15 or 20 mins, and we also got married in the morning so it was not very hot outside yet.

Originally Posted by beachbunnybride 

i did end up going with jannell so far she is very good about getting back with me and it all seems pretty simple. Chairs are kinda pricey do you think there are a must have? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users