Photo

DIY Boarding Pass Invites w/ templates and pics!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#11 ORBeachbride

ORBeachbride
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:47 AM

This is great! you did an amazing job. I have wanted to do this and I am just starting to work on invites as I just sent out the save the dates. I for some reason can't open your templates, it says I don't have permission. Any ideas how I fix that? I would love to see your templates.

#12 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

They look great!  And boy I do not miss the way my hands ached when I was planning my wedding...

#13 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
      • 675 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

NO problem!  When I first started looking into doing them, I was sooooo lost trying to figure it out!

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Thanks for the step by step instructions Jamie! This will definetly help me when I go to do mine!!!! :)

They are definitely pretty pretty!!! :)  and thank you!!!

Originally Posted by FutureMrsHammer 

They look sooo good!!! I have the same color/size envelopes as you! haha! I looovvveee how sparkly the pink ticket jacket looks! GREAT JOB!

Thank you!  You actually have to have 150 or more posts to be able to open up attachments.  But if you want to PM me your e-mail address, I could send them to you that way!

Originally Posted by ORBeachbride 

This is great! you did an amazing job. I have wanted to do this and I am just starting to work on invites as I just sent out the save the dates. I for some reason can't open your templates, it says I don't have permission. Any ideas how I fix that? I would love to see your templates.

Thank you!!!   :)  I seriously couldn't believe how sore even my fingers were!  But it was soooo worth it!  My guests have never seen anything like them.  So even though they aren't the most spectacular (like some I have seen on here), my guests are none the wiser!  :)

Originally Posted by carly 

They look great!  And boy I do not miss the way my hands ached when I was planning my wedding...

#14 ORBeachbride

ORBeachbride
        • 59 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

I would love if you could send me the template by email to breathe2x@gmail.com! Otherwise I will start spending more time on here posting like a posting queen because your invites are beautiful and perfect!

#15 elizabethdawn

elizabethdawn
          • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

These are great!! You did a wonderful job! I just got done with my passport save the dates and was thinking about doing ticket invites. Would you mind sending the template to me as well (lizcox.nd@gmail.com)?  Thank you soo much!

#16 claire0701

claire0701
            • 187 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

They're gorgeous - well done!

#17 shan0487

shan0487
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

How much did the invitations cost you to make and how much did postage cost for each one?

#18 DazzlingDeb23

DazzlingDeb23
              • 151 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

These are sooooo great! Thanks for all the info!

#19 emstypes

emstypes
                • 243 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

Great job!  Your step by step was a great help!  I'm using fuchsia as well, and this was a great visual.  I also got the fiskars rotary trimmer at michaels... It's just sitting here waiting for when I finally can complete my info and order my paper.  Again, fantastic job!!

#20 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
                  • 675 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

Here is the break down of the cost.

$146.92 for the paper and envelopes.  Keep in mind I had to buy 200 sheets of white pearl paper because I chose to do 5 passes.  Had I only done 3 passes, I would have only ordered 100 sheets, so I would have saved $20+  Also, It depends on how many invites you send.  If you send less than 50, you don't need 100 in each envelope. (they come in increments of 50)

$47.38 at Michaels, but I am returning a few things I didn't need but haven't gotten around to yet

$7.35 on the raffia

$86.45 on stamps.  The invites cost $0.81 to send and of course the $0.44 for the RSVP.  I paid for enough stamps for 65 invites.

Printing was free, since we did it at FI's office.

Total Cost being-$288.10

I made 75 invitations, so the cost break down for 75 invitations is $3.84/invite approximately (but again, I didn't purchase enough stamps for 75 invites),  I am only sending 65 which would be $4.43/invite.  It's a little more than I wanted to spend, but it was totally worth it, and I am sure I still saved money!  So many of my guests had NO idea that I made them.  They all thought I had them professionally done!  Which of course, makes me feel awesome!    Hopefully when I take some stuff back to Michaels, it will come down to about $4.00/invite

Hope that helps!  And as you can see there are ways to get them to be a little cheaper.  :)

Originally Posted by shan0487 

How much did the invitations cost you to make and how much did postage cost for each one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users