Let's talk BABY NAMES!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:21 AM

Talking baby names is one of my favorite things to do.  For as long as I can remember, I've kept lists of my favorite names.  When I moved recently, I found my list from when I was in HS and had to laugh at some of them (Heaven Leigh) while some of them were still on my faves list (Christian).

We don't know the sex of our baby yet, so we're trying to talk about both names but have a terrible time with boys.  To give a very small background, I'm Irish but my family has been here for generations and my husband is Italian and first generation here.  I also lost my little brother this year and would like to incorporate his name into our child.  His name was Ryan William, but I don't want to use either name straight out b/c I think it's too soon and too heavy to put that on a child.  But since my kids will never get to meet their uncle, I want there to be some connection.  So far, here are our names and thoughts:

Boys: (we don't really like ANY names, but this one keep coming up)

• Lorenzo / Enzo
    • Theo (but I don't care for Theodore)

Girls: (so much easier, I seriously have such a long list it's hard to narrow down)

• Luciana Willa (this is my hubs #1 and he thinks we are done, I like it but not ready to say this is it) Lu for short
    • Viviana Willa
    • Valentina Willa
    • I could list probably 20+ more but I'll keep it simple for now....

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

As the mother of a Lorenzo I love that name!  The funny thing is that I said Enzo for short but rarely call him that, mostly I call him Lo when he isn't Lorenzo.  Theodore is sooo cute to me!  And not just because of the chipmunk, I just really like it.  You have time, more boy names will come.  I adore all and any of those girl names.  Those go on my far away if and when girl list.  Cute!!

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:59 AM

You don't think Theodore is lame?  I feel like it's such an old man name and not in a cute way, but I love Theo.

And we like Lorenzo b/c of Enzo for the for nickname.  Matt's cousin is Enzo, but just Enzo, so we wanted an official name with that as a nickname.  BOYS NAMES ARE HARD!

And seriously, girls names, I could name an army of girls and be happy with all of their names!

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

I don't think it is lame at all!  It's definitely old but look at all the weird old names people are using these days.  Theodore has style and Theo is a rad nickname. 

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

I love Theodore to be honest, and the nickname Theo!

I almost want to have another kid just so I can name them ... that part is fun to me too.  In the meantime, I'll just chat here about names since we're DONE!  lol 

For boys I love the name Kellan still ... didn't get to use it, but oh well.  And Our 2nd would have been Natalie if it was a girl.

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:39 AM

Hmmm, I swear I posted a reply to your thread b/c I remember talking about Kellan and Natalie.  I like them both and I like that Natalie is an old name but sounds fresh.  My dad and I were working on our ancestry.com and I found that Natalie is an old family name that was used often and I never even knew!

So my most recent struggles are still on boy names.  I'm kinda stuck on Xavier and Theo.  Matt doesn't like either of them, he says Xavier is "weird" and Theo all he can think about is the Huxtables.  But he also isn't coming up with any of his own options.  Right now in my head, I feel like it's between those two names, but obviously need to get him on board.

I SO want to find out the sex at our u/s, why did I ever agree to keep it a secret!?

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

no one your kids age will know the cosby show, so there's that theory out the window!  i don't think xavier is weird at all, in fact it's pretty popular right now.  my vote is totally for Theo!

#8 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

Matt's a baby-naming-party-pooper.  He said that he can't see either of those being a real option.  Xavier maybe, but not Theo.  All I can say is that I hope we're having a girl (even though I'm still feeling boy) b/c I really don't know what we'll do!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

we were teh same!  well, i wanted a boy but we hadn't decided on a name until a couple days after he was born!  we had the girl name all set.

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

Maybe i should start sending him REALLY weird or out there names to make him see how normal and cute Xavier or Theo really are.  Hahhahahaa, off to google weird ass names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users