Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro??? HELP

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Aphrodite

• 178 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

PS - I'm back from my wedding and I wrote a review on Gran Bahia Principe on the review section of the forum if anyone is interested :)

#12 Celia

• 19 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

CDNCouple09- AWW YAY!!!! 11 days to go!! congratulations have fun!!! Let me know all about it when you get back! Because.......My FI and i just booked for The Majestic Colonial TODAY!!! YAY!!!

Enjoy my dear i'll talk to you when your a MRS

#13 Celia

• 19 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

I PICKED MAJESTIC COLONIAL!!!!!!!!!! YAY!! Oct 26th is when we leave. All i need to to now is book my wedding day! Thank god!! We Finalized it today!!! he he!

Also my FI and i will be there when you are! ha ha my guests are leaving Nov 2nd but we are staying for 10 days instead of 7

Originally Posted by amtropiano 

Celia - Did you decide? I finally made my decision - Majestic Colonial Nov 3, 2012!!

Let me know, sounds like our trips might overlap and would be nice to have a planning buddy :)

#14 DRPrincesa

• 221 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

DR Princesa

Thank you for the reply! how much are your guests paying for Aug next year???

Originally Posted by DRPrincesa 

My guests are paying $360 for 4 days (Fri-Mon) all-inclusive and travel to and from the ariport included.  Flights are $450.  That's $810.   My hubby and I are staying for 8 days and and it's running us $1800 for both of us.  I thought these were very good prices.  The Hard Rock was charging $800 for 4 days, I did not want my guests to pay that much.  Hope this helps!

#15 Tatiana

• 95 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

I was visiting this hotel last week and decided not to get married there,(the ones tha already booked here dont feel so worried caise is a nice place but not what I was looking for)
            The reasons:
            1- price for a private reception 1000$ for a small part of the restaurant Il capriccio ( max 50 people) more than this you have to do it in the barbacue ( public place with others)
            2- restaurants: if you stay in bavaro or punta cana in 7 nights you can only choose 3 days to dinner at special restaurants (mexican, italian, etc) the other days you eat at the buffet with the rest of the guests of the hotel
            3- transportation, the hotel ia too big, so you have to use different small trains to get to your rpmm, or the lobby or the beach but this is a complete mess, the drivers dont know the hotel so they can be ridding around like 30 min sometimes
            4- outside vendors: my case is specific about the photographer I have to pay for 500$ extras to bring a photographer from outside ( i didint liked arrecife at all because of the excess of photoshop they use in their pics)
            5- beach gazebo be careful with the ceremony time, cause is in the middle of the beach and you have thousands of curious people like naked making a none perfect backgruond to your pics (i think 5pm would be the perfect time
            6- night shows are amazing! Change every day! Dont miss those
            7- the rooms of the bavaro and punta cana are very bad! ( i was at Hard Rock Punta cana the week before and it was perfect!) but the rooms of esmeralda are very good, clean and new.
            8 the service and the workers of the hotel are very poorly prepared ( again cpmparing with hard rock)
            9- an extra 750$ fee for the civil or religious ceremony.
            Ok this is the resume! Feel free to ask any other detail!

#16 APNK

• 26 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hi, I am thinking about having our wedding at majestic colonial. Does anyone have any pictures they could share. I would love to see some to help decide.

#17 Tink

• 160 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi! There's plenty of pics and info on the Majestic Colonial Brides page on Facebook. Also, the Elegance which is where I'll be having my wedding is gorgeous too! They also have a pics and info on the same page, and their own page at Majestic Elegance Brides on Facebook. Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users