Iberostar Paraiso Wedding Roll Call

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#171 Jlmarfa

Jlmarfa
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by ckl22 

Does anyone know if you go with the Gold Star Wedding package how much extra it would cost to upgrade to get the private reception dinner and open bar for 4 hours? Also wondering how much they charge for a dance floor and DJ? - has anyone else done this?  Thanks!!

Hello ckl22, 

I just e-mailed my WC at Ibero Beach and she quoted me 250 for a dj setup. We are hooking up a playlist from an ipod and letting that play throughout the night (to avoid bad music). I believe a mic and the speakers are included. Music is a big part of our lives and we are trying to avoid the chicken dance and other wedding songs. 

#172 bambaleo

bambaleo
    • 68 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yeah she did a great job with makeup. It stayed on all day and all night. I brought my own eyelashes and she put them on. My face didn't look caked on, so it seems their beauty products aren't too bad.

#173 bambaleo

bambaleo
      • 68 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jlmarfa View Post

Hello ckl22, 

I just e-mailed my WC at Ibero Beach and she quoted me 250 for a dj setup. We are hooking up a playlist from an ipod and letting that play throughout the night (to avoid bad music). I believe a mic and the speakers are included. Music is a big part of our lives and we are trying to avoid the chicken dance and other wedding songs. 

I would definetely double check the mic and speakers situation, because depending on how many people you have and which venue you're using, the speakers that are included might not be enough - you might need to rent extra speakers/subwoofers/etc. I think they provided us with 1 wireless mic, but could be good to bring your own backup just incase.

#174 ckl22

ckl22
        • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jlmarfa 

Hello ckl22, 

Thanks for the info! I agree..  I'm a little nervous about a random dj - the chicken dance is a perfect example of what I do not want played .. maybe we will go with an ipod too. 

#175 ckl22

ckl22
          • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by bambaleo 

I would definetely double check the mic and speakers situation, because depending on how many people you have and which venue you're using, the speakers that are included might not be enough - you might need to rent extra speakers/subwoofers/etc. I think they provided us with 1 wireless mic, but could be good to bring your own backup just incase.

Thanks Bambaleo - good to know! 

#176 MommyBride14

MommyBride14
            • 39 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

I share these same concerns!  I am having a smaller wedding with approximately 40 people and want to still have a fun dance reception with party music, but I don't want to be running back and forth to the ipod when we want to do our first dance/father-daughter dance/cake cutting, etc.  I just booked our date for November 10th, 2013 and feel that I don't know where to go from here!! Is there only an option for a semi-private dinner? ..and where is everyone doing there dancing??

#177 Scarma

Scarma
              • 175 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by MommyBride14 

I share these same concerns!  I am having a smaller wedding with approximately 40 people and want to still have a fun dance reception with party music, but I don't want to be running back and forth to the ipod when we want to do our first dance/father-daughter dance/cake cutting, etc.  I just booked our date for November 10th, 2013 and feel that I don't know where to go from here!! Is there only an option for a semi-private dinner? ..and where is everyone doing there dancing??

Im just after you We are getting married November 22, 2013. We also have 40 people going. 

#178 ckl22

ckl22
                • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by MommyBride14 

HI! depending on the package you choose it may only come with a semi-private dinner but you can upgrade to a private dinner in a specialty restaurant for 4 hours or can rent out the disco for 2 hours until 10 pm. Which Iberostar hotel did you decide on?

#179 MommyBride14

MommyBride14
                  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

We chose the Lindo :) I'm just nervous about what to expect for the reception.  I have no idea where to go from here.  The onsite wedding coordinator (I'm working with Idalia Ruiz) has just sent me the contract for me to send in the deposit to officially "confirm" our date.  I hope I'm not the only bride who feels clueless!  I'm kind of a "figure it all out now" instead of doing everything in steps. It's stressing me out! :S

#180 bambaleo

bambaleo
                    • 68 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by MommyBride14 View Post

We chose the Lindo :) I'm just nervous about what to expect for the reception.  I have no idea where to go from here.  The onsite wedding coordinator (I'm working with Idalia Ruiz) has just sent me the contract for me to send in the deposit to officially "confirm" our date.  I hope I'm not the only bride who feels clueless!  I'm kind of a "figure it all out now" instead of doing everything in steps. It's stressing me out! :S

Next step is Save the Dates (if you haven't done that already) - it might seem early, but since your guests are flying out, it's good to give as much early notice as possible. In the save the date, you can ask for mailing addresses and start building a spreadsheet! I would also recommend signing up on theknot.com b/c they have a good month to month checklist of what you should be doing. Although most of the info doesn't apply to destination weddings, it's still good as a sanity check. Read this blog and the one from the previous year to see what we all had to go through at the resort, it saved me a lot of headache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users