• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

yeah, i calculated 85 lbs at 4' 11" & they got more than that. Something must be wrong. maybe enter in your numbers again.

#12 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
    • 466 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

Not like I could EVER actually do this... I'm hungry already talking about calories.

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

Are you shorter than 4' 11"? Maybe it can't handle below a certain height. I wouldn't trust it if it doesn't seem right.

#14 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
        • 466 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

OKAY. I just did it again. I must of seriously messed up... I swear I believe I have number dsylexia.

Here it is:

Maintenance: 1704 Calories/day
          Fat Loss: 1363 Calories/day
          Extreme Fat Loss: 1023 Calories/day

Sounds MUCH better.

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Adamsgrrl
            OKAY. I just did it again. I must of seriously messed up... I swear I believe I have number dsylexia.

Here it is:

Maintenance: 1704 Calories/day
            Fat Loss: 1363 Calories/day
            Extreme Fat Loss: 1023 Calories/day

Sounds MUCH better.
            Yeah, that is a lot better. I wouldn't pay attention to the extreme fat loss one either. Cutting 700 calories is way too much. Also, they really should say "weight loss" not "fat loss". I think it's a good tool though. People usually think they shouldn't eat so many calories when they diet so they cut back too far. It helps to see you don't have to be drastic. It's better to find something you can stick with for life & still be happy.

#16 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

I get around 1080 for extreme weight loss, and it's accurate. That's about all I can eat to lose any weight. I probably only eat around 1500 right now, and I either maintain or gain at that number. My body & metabolism SUCK.

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:38 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by NurseSarah
                I get around 1080 for extreme weight loss, and it's accurate. That's about all I can eat to lose any weight. I probably only eat around 1500 right now, and I either maintain or gain at that number. My body & metabolism SUCK.
                Do you lift weights? Increasing muscle really boosts your metabolism.

#18 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

I do- I have a weight bench at home, and I belong to a gym. I used to lift 3x a week. The problem is that I have one of those body types that really bulks up. I have to be careful not to lift too much.

I was doing really well before the wedding. I lost quite a bit of weight, and was working out almost every day. Well, falling off the wagon is never pretty and I've been doing really really bad lately. So, I need to get back in the gym- it does help!

#19 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by NurseSarah
                    I do- I have a weight bench at home, and I belong to a gym. I used to lift 3x a week. The problem is that I have one of those body types that really bulks up. I have to be careful not to lift too much.

I was doing really well before the wedding. I lost quite a bit of weight, and was working out almost every day. Well, falling off the wagon is never pretty and I've been doing really really bad lately. So, I need to get back in the gym- it does help!
                    You've probably done this all before, but have you tried lighter weight more reps/sets? I also have a lot of exercises with no weights that are still really intense.

#20 jmhein

jmhein
                    • 665 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:08 PM

Hey ladies! I started tracking calories in a journal back in February and have so far lost 12 pounds! I have about another 5 to go until I will be to my ideal weight! It really is this simple, if you take in less calories than you expend, you will lose weight! Another great tool I have been using is Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople It will also tell you how many calories to take in to meet your goal weight by your target date, PLUS you can track all your food intake and calories with their HUGE food database, and track calories burned through cardio, record weight workouts, etc. It's awesome and it's freeeee!!!
                      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users