Runners Vs. Overlays

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mrssuzuki87

mrssuzuki87
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hi Fellow Destination Brides!

I am currently going back and forth whether I want runners or overlays at my reception.   My colors are Turquoise with Hot Pink accents.

Here is what I have:

-White Tablecloths

-Hot Pink bouquet style centerpieces

-Wicker Chargers

-Hot Pink Napkins (finger starfish on top!)

-Tiffany Chairs

I am trying to picture everything together...runners seem like they will not be enough and overlays seem too much.  But I DONT KNOW!! lol

Let me know your opinion!  Thank you!!!!

Here are some examples:

Charger.jpg

Napkin.jpg

Runner.jpgRunner??

Overlay.jpgOverlay??

#2 jmastr05

jmastr05
    • 189 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

I voted runner. I had turquoise overlays and hot pink/orange bouquets as center pieces. I feel like the hot pink napkins on top of that would have been a lot.

Here's a link to a picture from my wedding: http://cdn.bestdesti...b_DSC_5787.jpeg. Admittedly, it's not the best one for getting the full effect, but it's the only one to which I have access right now. I'll try to find a better one and post it later.

#3 jmastr05

jmastr05
      • 189 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

It turns out that I don't have a better picture than the one in the link. (The flowers were actually the BM bouquets. After our entrance to the reception, each BM dropped her bouquet into an empty vase). However, Here are the pictures that I do have. Hopefully they will help with the visualization.

I voted runner. I had turquoise overlays and hot pink/orange bouquets as center pieces. I feel like the hot pink napkins on top of that would have been a lot.

Here's a link to a picture from my wedding: http://cdn.bestdesti...b_DSC_5787.jpeg. Admittedly, it's not the best one for getting the full effect, but it's the only one to which I have access right now. I'll try to find a better one and post it later.

#4 mari15t

mari15t
        • 72 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

I think either would be fine.  My colors are similiar to yours - peacock teal with gold and raspberry pink accents. I also have white tablecloths, but I ordered teal overlays (and they are bright), gold plate chargers, my centerpieces are tall vases with with callas (very simple), but I also have gold table # frames and tiffany chairs.  To make the pink pop, I'm just having all the lettering on my menus, table #s, and guest favors at each place setting in the rasp pink.  I also have clear candle votives that I'm also considering lining in pink ribbon, but haven't decided yet. 

#5 mrssuzuki87

mrssuzuki87
          • 77 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

Thank you so much!  I am leaning more towards the runners since 1) they are cheaper 2) they are lighter and 3) my fiance likes them better.  So its a win, win, win.

Thank you for you help!

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

It turns out that I don't have a better picture than the one in the link. (The flowers were actually the BM bouquets. After our entrance to the reception, each BM dropped her bouquet into an empty vase). However, Here are the pictures that I do have. Hopefully they will help with the visualization.

DSC_5814.JPG

DSC_5824.JPG

#6 mrssuzuki87

mrssuzuki87
            • 77 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

Send me pictures after your wedding.  I would love to see it all together!

Originally Posted by mari15t 

I think either would be fine.  My colors are similiar to yours - peacock teal with gold and raspberry pink accents. I also have white tablecloths, but I ordered teal overlays (and they are bright), gold plate chargers, my centerpieces are tall vases with with callas (very simple), but I also have gold table # frames and tiffany chairs.  To make the pink pop, I'm just having all the lettering on my menus, table #s, and guest favors at each place setting in the rasp pink.  I also have clear candle votives that I'm also considering lining in pink ribbon, but haven't decided yet. 

#7 mari15t

mari15t
              • 72 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

Ok I will! I see your monogram. Are you using similiar colors too?

#8 mari15t

mari15t
                • 72 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Oh my gosh. I feel so silly, mrssuzuki. Please disregard that last comment. :/

Originally Posted by mrssuzuki87 

#9 mrssuzuki87

mrssuzuki87
                  • 77 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

My colors are turquoise and hot pink with silver accents. My flowers are hot pink rose and hot pink dasies. The pink is my accent colors. So we have simular colors and i would love to see pics of your set up!

Ok I will! I see your monogram. Are you using similiar colors too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users