• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 michelleparkin

michelleparkin
  • Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by mistyblues 

I planing for summer next year I am in toronto canada we were looking at gran bahia bavaro or punta cana  since they are on the same property its overwhelming trying to figure out what agent to use or to use a destination planner online  is there any bus trips that i could book soo my guest can site see?    in this resort can you book a private reception?  

Congratulations!

I suggest the Gran Bahia Bavaro (it is right on the beach), the Gran Bahia Punta Cana is at least a 15 minute walk or you have to take the shuttle to get there ... not convenient for your guests.

Yes, you can book a private dinner.  If you go to their website there is a spot to register your email for brides.  They will send you a package outlining everything!  Very helpful.  

There is always excursions to book through your tour operator.  So whoever is the company that flies you down will have a booth set up.  You can book a bus tour or alternate excursion off the resort through them.

If you have any other questions let me know :)

Check with Marlin Travel.  They have been great.  Some locations have a wedding expert.  This does not cost extra!

#12 mistyblues

mistyblues
    • 18 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Also does anyone know where I can find the prices for wedding packages only found the ones attached to transat hoildays

#13 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
      • 313 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by mistyblues 

Also does anyone know where I can find the prices for wedding packages only found the ones attached to transat hoildays

Marlin Travel in Walmart has good trip advisors.  Some locations have wedding experts, inquire about that.  It doesn't cost anything extra.

There are excursions you can book through your hotel.  Your travel company (transat, westjet, sunwing ...etc.) will have a booth set up.  You can inquire about bus tours through them.

Go to the Gran Bahia website.  There is a spot where you can input your email address to get package information from them.  They send you a bunch of information on weddings.  It's very useful!

#14 mchitchcock

mchitchcock
        • 13 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

We are considering getting married at the bahia principe bavaro in April 2014.  My TA has pricing already and we are going with the free package as we have enough guests.  Has anyone else used/using the free package?

#15 diana112712

diana112712
          • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hi Everyone

Im getting married at the bahia principe punta cana this november 2012 !

i have had a great expereince with the wedding corrdinator at the resort and also with the photograher.

If you have any questions you can definitley ask me!!

#16 mchitchcock

mchitchcock
            • 13 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Diana112712 are you doing the free wedding or a package?  Which photographer are you going with?

#17 diana112712

diana112712
              • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

We are doing  the wedding package and we are going with the resort photographer, there work is amazing! you can check them out on facebook arrecife bahia principe.

When is your big day mchitchcock

#18 mchitchcock

mchitchcock
                • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

April 2014 - booking the exact day in January I think.

#19 Mayflower

Mayflower
                  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

I'm getting pretty excited, I'm getting married there in may of this year...we are using the wedding package, I had a friend use it and it was amazing results. Is this your first wedding?

#20 mchitchcock

mchitchcock
                    • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

no its not which is why we opted for an "away" wedding.  its his first though so I want it to still be an elegant celebration.  we are using the free wedding package and we have about 18-22 guests coming.  are you adding anything to your package?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users