Photo

Cancun Palace Rebranded as Hard Rock!?!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 melmelly

melmelly
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi Melanie, Feel free to send me a PM and I will be able to answer these questions. I just got married August 4 and have tons of pictures posted on the Palace Resort Bride Facebook page. I am not on this website very much anymore so let me know. Courtney

Thank you... I will ck the fb page..

#22 streetsee

streetsee
    • 17 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Has anyone gotten married at the Hard Rock recently?  Just curious

#23 Courtney Hooker

Courtney Hooker
      • 25 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

yes. August 4

#24 jflower25

jflower25
        • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

I am having a wedding here in mid-June 2013; I am excited about doing it on the beach but worried about the whole weather situation.  Does anyone have any familiarity with the contingency plan if it rains?  Also, if it is windy, is it hard to hear the ceremony on the beach?  Sorry for the random question but these are the small things that concern me greatly.  Thanks!

#25 Courtney Hooker

Courtney Hooker
          • 25 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Yes, I am familiar with the weather situation. We had clear skies for the ceremony and then it rained during our reception. They had to move us inside, which while that wasn't ideal it was fine. They moved us within an hour and managed to save our centerpieces. During that time my guests just hung out in the lobby bar. If it is windy during the ceremony make sure you ask your wedding coordinator to anchor the alter. I've heard of it flying away.

#26 jflower25

jflower25
            • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

That's good to know! Thanks for your response:). I wonder if you can choose an indoor reception even though the brochure only mentions the terraces as reception locations.

#27 LCB803

LCB803
              • 89 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

My Wedding Coordinator mentioned this to us last July when we were visiting... she said that Cancun Palace are letting people out of their contracts if they want to do so. Good luck! Let us know if you need advice on a backup location! My Fi and I have seen lots of locations in Cancun and Playa del Carmen. 

Originally Posted by Essential0929 

Lindy, 

What are you going to do about the rebranding? I am concerned about this as well. Our group does not include Hard Rock type of people and I just don't know what to do. 

#28 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hey Ladies,

Any Hard Rock Hotel Experts out there?  We are looking for someone to be the Hard Rock Hotel Ambassador. Help new brides thinking of getting married at HR, promote the resort, and earn free nights while you do it.

Link here for more info: Hard Rock Hotels Ambassador

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#29 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
                • 2,217 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
                • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
                • LocationCanada

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Does anyone have any newer reviews now that the re-branding has settled (hopefully). I'm not finding much on this hotel and their weddings. 

event.png

#30 monkeyhead

monkeyhead
                • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Has anyone been married at the Hard Rock?

I heard it is no longer part of the Palace chain, so you are not able to hop to the other Palace resorts either?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users