Jump to content
TATrisha

OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

Recommended Posts

Personally, for $3300, only getting 140 photos and 4 hours of coverage is not worth it to me.  That's really expensive for very little.  You could very easily fly in your own photographer for that and have hundreds of pictures and a dedicated photographer for your entire wedding day.
I know u probably have already but can you post a link to your website so that I can look at your photos. I was looking at the photo packages from the host vender and I agree they are super expensive! How far in advance do you need to know the date? How many weddings have you done at the GBP? Thanks Nicole soon to be Engelquist!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Past Brides!!! I have a question, it may have been posted already but I haven't read anything about it so hear it goes. I know hair and makeup isn't included in the packages but do they have someone there that does it or do u have to find and outside vender? And if so does anyone have contact info or a good review for someone they used? I really want my hair done and my bridesmaids hair done. Thanks for your help!!! Nicole soon to be Engelquist!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by STBEngelquist View Post

 

 

I know u probably have already but can you post a link to your website so that I can look at your photos. I was looking at the photo packages from the host vender and I agree they are super expensive! How far in advance do you need to know the date? How many weddings have you done at the GBP?

 

Thanks Nicole soon to be Engelquist!!!

Well Hi!  Welcome to the forum!

 

my website is www.faberphotography.com.  There is a gallery for destination weddings and also if you go under categories you can see my most recent destination weddings, including the two I've photographed at the Gran Bahia.

 

If you'd like to hire me, the sooner the better.  Since i photograph weddings here in Wisconsin as well, I fill up fast.  But hopefully we could work something out :)

Originally Posted by STBEngelquist View Post

 

Hey Past Brides!!!

 

I have a question, it may have been posted already but I haven't read anything about it so hear it goes. I know hair and makeup isn't included in the packages but do they have someone there that does it or do u have to find and outside vender? And if so does anyone have contact info or a good review for someone they used? I really want my hair done and my bridesmaids hair done.

 

Thanks for your help!!!

Nicole soon to be Engelquist!

There is a spa at the resort.  Many people have used them.  Some happy with their services (like I was) some, not so happy.  There are also outside vendors.  MVP and The Makeup Pros are both really great options if you wanted to go that route.

 

Best wishes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else getting married the Gran Bahia Principe around April 10th, and wanting to split on the cost of a photographer?????

She has amazing work, so great to talk to, and we could both save some money instead of using the resort photographer, and have great pictures! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

 

Well Hi!  Welcome to the forum!

 

my website is www.faberphotography.com.  There is a gallery for destination weddings and also if you go under categories you can see my most recent destination weddings, including the two I've photographed at the Gran Bahia.

 

If you'd like to hire me, the sooner the better.  Since i photograph weddings here in Wisconsin as well, I fill up fast.  But hopefully we could work something out :)

There is a spa at the resort.  Many people have used them.  Some happy with their services (like I was) some, not so happy.  There are also outside vendors.  MVP and The Makeup Pros are both really great options if you wanted to go that route.

 

Best wishes!

Thanks, 

 

Where in Wisconsin are you from. I'm originally from there but moved to BC, Canada about 4years ago to be with my fiance.  Do you remember how much the hair and make-up at the resort cost?  I want to get married on May3rd, 2014, but the problem is I can't book a date yet through the resort till they come out with their new packages, so i'm not sure if i can get that date for sure.  How far in advance do you usually book up?  The WC at the resort said she wouldn't be getting the new packages till about april 2013. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where in wisconsin are you from, I'm oringinally from there.  Moved to BC, Canada 4years ago to be with my fiance.  Do you remember how much the resort hair and make-up cost?  Also, how long in advance do you usually book up, I'm hoping to get May 4th, 2014. But the resort WC can't book a date until they get the packages from that year out, and she said she won't be getting them till April or May 2013. 

 

Thanks.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just north of Milwaukee!  Where were you from? 

 

Back when I got married, hair was $85 and makeup $55.  I think it's listed in the spa section of this thread what they are now though. 

 

I just booked a June 2014 wedding.  But I can put something on my calendar for your date as a hold.  And if anyone contacts me about it, I can let you know first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

 

I'm just north of Milwaukee!  Where were you from? 

 

Back when I got married, hair was $85 and makeup $55.  I think it's listed in the spa section of this thread what they are now though. 

 

I just booked a June 2014 wedding.  But I can put something on my calendar for your date as a hold.  And if anyone contacts me about it, I can let you know first.

I was born in Rockford, IL.  My Mom lives in Mukwonago, WI.  I have a brother in Madison, and my Father is from Monroe.  So lots of family all over.  Yeah and can you pencil me in for May 3rd 2014, cause thats the date set in my mind but I wanna make sure that I get booked into the resort before I start booking my venders and such.  And Can you possible send me a package list, or what you normally include in your destination wedding photo package, with the prices? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...