Destination invitation

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 mrsbruff2b

• 385 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

I also went with all-inclusive for the cost efficiency because I knew people would complain. 

We sent out are STD a month ago (about 10 months before the date).  Our invites will be going out early as well (around January).  Our wedding is in June~

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#12 LindsayR

• 173 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hi! I just starting planning my wedding as well! I plan to send out STDs with a nice letter explaining why we chose a destination wedding approximately a year before the date and then invitations 6 months before the wedding. I'm not sure if that's what most people do but I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to save for the wedding and be able to take off work!

#13 ssapper

• 182 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

welcome!! and happy planning!! we sent STDs out a year in advance and are planning on sending the invites 6 months ahead....:)

#14 cdc150

• 332 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

We sent out STDs 10 months before the wedding.  We are sending our invitations out next month, 6 months before the wedding.  They need be be back by 12/31.  Our blocked rooms need to be confirmed by January next year so we need everyone booked by then.  We are sending out 111 invitations and already have 21 rooms booked.  We expect (hope) for 30-35 rooms by the end of the year. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users