Photo

Mayan Riviera Mosquitoes!??!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JordannaMarie

JordannaMarie
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

This may seem like a silly question, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the amount of mosquitoes in the Mayan Riviera?  I have read a lot of posts on tripadvisor about people complaining about all the mosquito bites they had!  Has anyone been to the Mayan Riviera in November?  Were there a lot of mosquitoes?  Those blood-sucking miserable insects LOVE me, so I am so paranoid... it would seriously ruin my vacation if there were tons!

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

There are some mosquitoes right now.. but they usually only come out for a short time at sunset. The Mayan is generally pretty good. Some people also get eaten up by the sand flies... and again... they come out a night in the sand. 

I have had one can of bug spray for the past 2 years here... and have no idea where it is right now! haha That should count for something. 

You have to remember... it doesn't cool down at night like it does during the summer in Alberta... so mosquitoes are prevelant during the wet months here. Nov is not one of those months.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users