Sign in to follow this  
X-Chan

Linen Napkins? Necessary?

I just found out that my venue only has paper napkins.  FI says it's no big deal but I feel like having paper napkins makes everything feel kind of.. cheap?

What do you ladies think? We're already going over budget on every other expense so far. Should I spend the $100+ to order and bring 150 linen napkins or just use the paper napkins the restaurant provides?

Yikes!!!! Take a minute and step back from your planning!! I have to do this every once and a while to get myself in line otherwise I'd be paying for all my guests vacations.. LOL!! If you were vacationing to a wedding when you were seated at dinner what would you think if there were paper napkins? Would it bug you and make you think it was a "cheap" wedding? Or do you think it wouldn't matter to you since you were in paradise? Think about it for a minute pretend that you aren't planning the wedding and you were the guest!!!! Good luck!!!

Originally Posted by X-Chan View Post

I just found out that my venue only has paper napkins.  FI says it's no big deal but I feel like having paper napkins makes everything feel kind of.. cheap?

What do you ladies think? We're already going over budget on every other expense so far. Should I spend the $100+ to order and bring 150 linen napkins or just use the paper napkins the restaurant provides?

IMO it depends on how formal everything else is. What will you and your guest be wearing? What is the menu like? Paper napkins are not that big of a deal as long as it doesn't seem out of place. Hope this helps Happy planning!