Photo

Linen Napkins? Necessary?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 X-Chan

X-Chan
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

I just found out that my venue only has paper napkins.  FI says it's no big deal but I feel like having paper napkins makes everything feel kind of.. cheap?

What do you ladies think? We're already going over budget on every other expense so far. Should I spend the $100+ to order and bring 150 linen napkins or just use the paper napkins the restaurant provides?

#2 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
    • 1,008 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

Yikes!!!! Take a minute and step back from your planning!! I have to do this every once and a while to get myself in line otherwise I'd be paying for all my guests vacations.. LOL!! If you were vacationing to a wedding when you were seated at dinner what would you think if there were paper napkins? Would it bug you and make you think it was a "cheap" wedding? Or do you think it wouldn't matter to you since you were in paradise? Think about it for a minute pretend that you aren't planning the wedding and you were the guest!!!! Good luck!!!

Originally Posted by X-Chan 

I just found out that my venue only has paper napkins.  FI says it's no big deal but I feel like having paper napkins makes everything feel kind of.. cheap?

What do you ladies think? We're already going over budget on every other expense so far. Should I spend the $100+ to order and bring 150 linen napkins or just use the paper napkins the restaurant provides?

#3 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
      • 402 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

IMO it depends on how formal everything else is. What will you and your guest be wearing? What is the menu like? Paper napkins are not that big of a deal as long as it doesn't seem out of place. Hope this helps Happy planning!

#4 jillybeans127

jillybeans127
        • 165 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

I ordered my linen napkins from tableclothsfactory.com and the prices were pretty good. I believe I payed $2.59 for a pack of 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users