Activities for your guests

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bnwedding2011

bnwedding2011
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:21 AM

Hi All, 

I am getting married in November and trying to figure out what if anything you are planning for your guests to do besides the wedding. They guys are golfing and I am thinking about a spa day for the girls... Anything else you guys are doing? 

Thanks!

#2 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
    • 355 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

We are really just asking our guests to join us for the welcome dinner and wedding day activities. We decided that we don't want to 'make' anyone do anything while on vacation. 

#3 bnwedding2011

bnwedding2011
      • 29 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

Thanks for the info! That is exactly what I was thinking.. A dinner the night before the wedding as a "welcome" dinner and then the wedding day activities.

#4 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
        • 355 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:08 AM

We originally wanted to do something for everyone; one joint excursion, but figured letting people know that we are going e.g. Dunns River, if they want to join, they will. 

#5 emilyjane

emilyjane
          • 40 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

We are going to do a group excursion as our "thank you" gift for people attending our wedding, rather than OOT bags or wedding reception favours.  We just thought we might as well give them something that will be memorable, and that they don't have to lug home with them!  

#6 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
            • 3,074 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

You could also do a group excursion and rent a catamaran boat and take a group out for a snorkel tour! I've been on that before as a photographer and it was a blast! Also, can turn into a small "couples" shoot on the boat if you want. 

My only advice... is to bring some Gravol for any guests that start to feel a little ill being on a boat.

Best of luck!

Lincoln

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                  100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#7 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
              • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

The catamaran boat sounds so much fun!!

Originally Posted by Moments That Matter 

You could also do a group excursion and rent a catamaran boat and take a group out for a snorkel tour! I've been on that before as a photographer and it was a blast! Also, can turn into a small "couples" shoot on the boat if you want. 

My only advice... is to bring some Gravol for any guests that start to feel a little ill being on a boat.

Best of luck!

Lincoln

#8 JaziandSwag

JaziandSwag
                • 152 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:08 AM

We are doing a booze cruise!  Great fun if you like dancing and drinking on the water :-)

#9 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
                  • 272 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

There are some great smaller companies in the area that can organize private tours or activities for your guests. The Snorkel Shop (www.thesnorkelshop.com) is a great little shop that has its own vans and guides.  They can organize custom tours for your guests and take them snorkeling or sightseeing.  For golf, I would recommend Teed Off Tee Times (www.teedoffteetimes.com), they are a central booking agent for all the great courses in the Riviera Maya making it easier to organize a larger group.

Happy Planning!

#10 lashesforever

lashesforever
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

Hi Ladies, 

We are doing the welcome dinner, and wedding day activities.  We are taking our guests to a private beach by boat for the day of, so it's kinda out of the question to do another boat excursion for us.  We don't want to make our guests do too much on their vacation, but we were thinking of having a sand castle building contest one of the days before or after the wedding and have prizes for the best castle, the funniest castle, etc.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users