Photo

If This is Your Second Marriage- Passport Question!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:44 PM

I have a quick question for those of you getting remarried (and already have or have applied for your passport). When you applied for it, did you need to take your first marriage license or divorce decree with you to show why you went from maiden to married name?

My mom just applied (and got hers in less than a month!) and all she needed was birth cert., s.s card and drivers license....nothing else.

Thanks!

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

You know I can't remember, but I think I did take my Marriage license and birth certificate with me. I never changed my name back to my maiden name so I had to prove who I was. Even more of an issue when I had to change my DL over to my married name, they wanted proof I was married, then divorced then married again..

#3 Karen

Karen
      • 1,308 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

I don't think I needed anything more than my driver's license and birth certificate. I bet the name history can be tracked under the ss #. My present passport is under my past married name. I haven't changed it to my new name yet.
        <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#4 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:17 PM

Thank you ladies! I need to apply for mine and dont have my marriage license. I have no idea where it is though. I have the divorce decree though!

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:52 PM

i changed my passport back to my maiden name right before the wedding, and all i had to show was a divorce decree. i will then need to show my new marriage license to get it to my new married name. not sure that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users