Photo

Costly destination wedding ideas????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ash1234

ash1234
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

im getting married in 2013 (april) and am searching for the best, most costly location. I am having a large wedding, likely 80 people, travelling from Newfoundland and Ontario. There will be kids coming so it has to be kid friendly.....

any ideas???

I was thinking: Dreams punta Cana or Gran bahia prinicipe punta cana

any other ideas???

many thanks

#2 Bride2012

Bride2012
    • Banned
    • 442 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:02 AM

If you find a good Travel Agent they can help negotiate costs down.  I used a Travel agent for our resort but priced the flights on my own...it was MUCH cheaper that way!

American Airlines has group/travel fare, that's the route we took.  They took a deposit for the group and they have until 30 days before departure to pay for the flight in full! They even gave us a wedding discount of 5% off published fares so people who couldnt commit can still buy there tickets at a discounted price!

We are getting married at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...great reviews and at a grear price for an all inclusive!!!

#3 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
      • Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

Well, I've been to the Domnican many times and a lot of great resorts out there(most are somewhat similar in what they have/offer).  Kids friendly...well...you'll find a lot of old ladies on the beaches without their tops regardless,  and kids will be seeing those.

#4 LovesJakeyPoo

LovesJakeyPoo
        • 160 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

We are doing the hard rock I know it's kid friendly and it's a huge resort so it will have room for your guests as well as large reception areas....I know that they have kid pools and babysitting...It may be a little too big though...

Originally Posted by ash1234 

im getting married in 2013 (april) and am searching for the best, most costly location. I am having a large wedding, likely 80 people, travelling from Newfoundland and Ontario. There will be kids coming so it has to be kid friendly.....

any ideas???

I was thinking: Dreams punta Cana or Gran bahia prinicipe punta cana

any other ideas???

many thanks

#5 GreekFood

GreekFood
          • 165 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

I'd suggest going on a site like Apple Vacations and searching by price, then narrowing down your options. Good luck!

Punta Cana, DR 01.16.2012

61 booked and counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users