Civil Ceremony - ceremony vows?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jyoung646

jyoung646
  • Site Supporter
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

Hello! I'm getting married in Punta Mita this December and my fiance & I debating between either a legal/civil ceremony or spiritual ceremony (getting married here in States prior to our departure). 

If we end up doing a civil ceremony, is there any flexibility with the ceremony/vows? Does anyone have an example ceremony script?

If the ceremony is in Spanish, what do you say for the "I DO", etc? I'd like to know exactly what I need to say.. 

I've also read that many times the Judge/minister knows English (or it can be translated into English), can anyone share their experience with their english translation skills?

This is the only aspect of my wedding that I'm getting a little nervous about (I hate public speaking, lol) so I'd appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

#2 Samantha88k

Samantha88k
    • 244 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

We are going to do a civil ceremony in Mexico and don't plan on telling anyone that the ceremony isn't the "real deal" so we will be using the same script as a legal ceremony would use.

--There is an extensive thread that contains all sorts of ceremony scripts that you might find helpful!! :)

#3 jyoung646

jyoung646
      • Site Supporter
      • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

Are you using a minister provided at the hotel? Or are you having a personal friend/family member perform the ceremony? 

#4 Samantha88k

Samantha88k
        • 244 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

I haven't gotten that far yet. I will likely be using the one provided by the hotel but I have a couple people that will be at the ceremony that I would love to have do it as well. I think having someone personal do it would be awesome while at the same time also even more emotional!! As you can tell, I'm really undecided on this and FI tells me I can only bring up so many wedding topics a day :) haha so I will likely continue to ponder it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users