#11 Lizzy

Lizzy
  • 501 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:06 PM

Here is the recipe for the ravioli Maggie had:

Ravioli Flled Wth Sweet Peas, Ricotta And Mint:

Sweet Pea Filling:
    3 1/2 cups frozen peas, cook and cooled
    1 cup fresh ricotta (can substitute silken tofu for a vegetarian option)
    5 mint leaves
    1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
    112 won ton wrappers to make 56 ravioli (7 per person)

Sauce:
    2 cups chicken stock, reduced to 1 cup
    1 cup cream, reduced to 1/2 cup
    3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degree F

Make Sweet Pea Filling:
    Place peas, fresh ricotta, mint, and kosher salt in bowl of food processor and pulse to create a thick, chunky paste.
    Transfer mixture to bowl.

Make Ravioli:
    Put a won ton wrapper on a work surface.
    Spoon a scant tablespoon of the sweet pea mixture into the center of the won ton.
    Spray the wrapper lightly with water.
    Carefully place another won ton wrapper on top and seal the edges to make sure no air pockets remain.
    Set the finished ravioli on a parchment lined sheet pan. Repeat until all are assembled.

Make Sauce:
    Mix together the reduced stock and the reduced cream.
    Add salt and right before ready to serve, add the lemon juice.

Cook Ravioli:
    Meanwhile, in a large pot of heavily salted boiling water, cook the ravioli in batches until tender but firm to the bite, about 3 minutes.
    When the water returns to a boil and the ravioli floats to the top, test for doneness.
    With a slotted spoon or skimmer, transfer to a warmed platter, toss gently with the sauce.
    Serve.

Makes 56 ravioli to serve 7 per person for 8 people.
    For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#12 Karen

Karen
    • 1,308 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:07 PM

The supper club hostess this month is very well to do and a gormet chef. She has a maxed out gormet kitchen that she just had put into to her basement complete with professional ravioli press. Sounds like a foodie paradise. I can't friggin wait!

all the recipes you guys provided and the ones on line sound soooo good.

gonna have a tough time narrowing it down.
      <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#13 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:59 PM

I can't help with a recipe but those all sound SOOO good. I'm getting hungry just thinking about them :)

#14 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:08 PM

Karen are you guys bringing over the fillings and using her press to put together your raviolis? If so that is the coolest club I've ever heard of.....how fun is that?

#15 Karen

Karen
          • 1,308 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:22 PM

Yep! The hostess is providing the raviloi dough and press!!! We are just bringing our fillings and sauce!! It truly is the coolest thing ever. A bunch of women discussing food, cooking techniques, kids, and men while drinking wine and making food. I'm so excited!

<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#16 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:32 PM

Oh you'll have a total blast, make sure you tell us about it when it's all said and done :o)

#17 Karen

Karen
              • 1,308 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

The ravioli party was soooo coool and so fun! And I used Starchild's Recipe-Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Gravy!!! Thanks so much! It came out so great and Everyone loved it!!!

#18 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:29 PM

Oh man, my mouth is watering reading this thread! YUMMMM!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users