Photo

Authentic Jamaican Candy

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

Thank you Thank you Thank you...I really didn't want to if I didn't have to.

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

http://www.marketbas.../condiments.htm

Just in case you do not want to venture to a supermarket in Jamaica... I'm not sure I want too!!

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#12 LisaAndDreJamaica2011

LisaAndDreJamaica2011
    • 51 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hi Everyone,

I hate leaving things to the last minute so I'm not going to go supermarket hopping in Jamaica in the  hopes of finding the just right candy for our guests. I'm actually ordering individually wrapped grater cakes from Sam's Caribbean market place. There also plenty of Jamaican candies to choose from and the price can't be beat. The store is located on long island so if you're in New York make a pit stop.

http://www.sams24-7....?CategoryID=104

#13 crasht1224

crasht1224
      • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:20 PM

Im doing Jamaican spices/ hot sauce/etc as my favors. We'll set up a couple of different types so ppl can choose . I anticipate it costing under $1.50 per favor

#14 crasht1224

crasht1224
        • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

PLEASE DONT order GRATER CAKES before going down.. unless u get them shipped within a day or so. Those are SO easy to find at any bakery..and are not nearly as delicious if they are stale. They are pastries and are not meant for long term storage.  Seriously, stop at a supermarket or bakery and pick them up.

#15 LisaAndDreJamaica2011

LisaAndDreJamaica2011
          • 51 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

I know what they are. I'm west indian and my grandma has brought up to me from the islands and I've never had a problem. They are made from coconut and sugar. No chance of them going stale that fast. I don't do last minute, so I would not take the chance to find a bakery that can accommodate me on my time frame. Do as you like, but Sam's has some great options for people who want to buy stuff in the states.

#16 LisaAndDreJamaica2011

LisaAndDreJamaica2011
            • 51 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

From where are you ordering your spices?

Originally Posted by crasht1224 

Im doing Jamaican spices/ hot sauce/etc as my favors. We'll set up a couple of different types so ppl can choose . I anticipate it costing under $1.50 per favor

#17 redginger

redginger
              • 360 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

Here are some additional websites that sell Jamaican snacks, candies, seasoning, etc. Also, Amazon.com and Ebay.com sells them too!

http://www.jamaicathings.com/ 

http://www.stmarymarket.com/index.html

#18 crasht1224

crasht1224
                • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

I'll be getting my spices at the supermarket once I land. All the local flavors/spices are super cheap there.

I'll have pre-made the little favor cards/labels and will just tie them on with a piece of Raffia. I'll be doing mainly jerk seasoning, pick-a-peppa sauce/etc. Also thought about maybe doing Guava Jelly/ Hot pepper Jelly, local items like that . Most of my guests arent jamaican and I think they'll really enjoy them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users