Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

Post your favorite Crock Pot Recipe!

i thought it would be fun if everyone posted their favorite (s) crock pot recipes...

i'll add mine later...need to find it...actually i dont have a real recipe, just usually throw things together.

but i do love to make in it:

pot roast

chillis

stews

Mexican Style meatballs

This does not have to cook all day, just a few hours for it to soak in the juices.

Pour big bag frozen cooked turkey meatballs into crock pot

Add 5 cans chicken broth

4 cans diced tomatoes with juice

4 cloves minced garlic

1 small chopped onion

5 or 6 chipolte chiles in adobo

1 cup chopped fresh cilantro

I let them simmer for 2-3 hours, turn the crock pot down during a get together.

It is good for parties. Throw it together and people will gobble them up!

Mmmmm Paula those sound so good!

This recipe is yummy and easy to make. You use a skillet for like 6 minutes then it sits in the crock pot. I'm bad with measurements and would have to make it again to measure, but you can't really mess it up:

chuck roast or other beef you would use for pot roast

6-8 7 oz. cans El Pato Tomato Sauce (or 2 of the big cans)

1-2 onions cut into rings

potatoes, peeled and cut into big pieces

1-2 bottles of beer like corona/modelo

Season the meat well (salt/pepper/garlic powder) and sear in skillet in olive oil for about 3 minutes each side so that a crust forms on the meat.

Transfer to crock pot and cover with El Pato sauce, onions, and beer. Add potatoes about an hour before it is finished. Let cook for 2-3 hours or until meat is really tender.

Variations:

You can use 1/2 El Pato and 1/2 regular tomato sauce if it's too spicy

You can also add carrots when you add the potatoes.

I leave the meat whole, but you can also use chunks (like for stew).

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride View Post
yummy, my favorite things to make in the crockpot are

pot roast and chicken and potatoes, yummy!!!
Ooh, please post the chicken and potatoes recipe :)

ok, well it's not really a recipe I have a friend of mine told me what to put in it...

you can get a whole chicken, but I prefer to just use the breasts.... I add some chicken broth, parsley, garlic, pepper, potatoes, you can add whatever veggies you want, my friend adds celery....

Quote:
ok, well it's not really a recipe I have a friend of mine told me what to put in it...

you can get a whole chicken, but I prefer to just use the breasts.... I add some chicken broth, parsley, garlic, pepper, potatoes, you can add whatever veggies you want, my friend adds celery....
How long do you usually cook it for?
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
How long do you usually cook it for?
:)
oops that would help huh... *blonde moment* qbout 4 hours on high, and 6 or 7 on low... I like to cook it on low it seems moister

Quote:
oops that would help huh... *blonde moment* qbout 4 hours on high, and 6 or 7 on low... I like to cook it on low it seems moister
Yummy!
I am going to try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
Yummy!
I am going to try it!
my friend loves it, she always aks me to make it so she can come over....
you can add more spices to make it more tasty....