Photo

Our Lady of Guadalupe Music

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

Anyone who has gotten married here were you told that you have to have a singer for the ceremony?  My fiances only request was to have a string trio or quartet but my wedding coordinator is telling me that it is her understanding that we must have someone to sing  during mass. 

If anyone has information about this that would be great. 

#2 Photoshootsvallarta

Photoshootsvallarta
    • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Hello Erica,

I have asked a wedding coordinator that has done a few weddings there and nobody ever told her about needing somebody singing.

At our last wedding, not in the Lady of Guadalupe church tho, there was a Harp player and she was really good. You could hear her nicely but it was not disturbing. It gave an elegant and romantic mood to the wedding.

Pierre

Arpa.jpg

#3 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
      • 232 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

Thank you for the info.  I am going to have one of my parents the church to confirm this then.  You don't happen to have the information for the woman who plays the harp do you?

#4 Photoshootsvallarta

Photoshootsvallarta
        • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

Of course,

Her email address is drachael2002@yahoo.com

#5 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
          • 232 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

Thank you for putting me in contact with her.  She responded very quickly and has sent me some audio clips to listen to.  My fiance is the music man so I am leaving this completely up to him since this is the only request he has made for the wedding. 

She was also able to confirm that she has played at Guadalupe without anyone singing.  So I will have my dad call to confirm with the church before we hire anyone.  They seem to respond well to him being from Mexico and his first language Spanish.

Eva is also scheduled to be my photographer for our wedding.  Will you be able to assist with creating a time line for photos and suggestions for locations to take pictures with us?

#6 Photoshootsvallarta

Photoshootsvallarta
            • 37 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Sorry, I was in France for my sisters wedding and was not really checking BDW...

Of course, you just tell me what you would like, and we can do anything! We had a wedding on Friday in the Guadalupe Church, they had Mariachis, I really liked it too, it was very mexican! And after the Ceremony we had planned an hour to take pictures around downtown.

So you just have to tell me, what you would like and the time we will have, approximately, and I will plan adequatly!

#7 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
              • 232 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

In case anyone else needs to know, I did confirm with the church that a singer is not required.  We hired a string quartet to play for our ceremony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users