Sign in to follow this  
meeshamillz

Felicia's 11.12.11 Montego Bay, Jamaica Wedding Planning Thread!! (old thread, old wedding colors and date)

Hello All,

My name is Felicia and I live in Ohio. My fiance, Brett and I will be getting married at the lovely (so I have heard) Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica on November 12, 2011!!

I have seen so many great ideas on BDW on how to make our day special and have decided to start a Thread so that I can have all of my ideas and suggestions in one place.

Feel free to ask any questions and/or suggest anything you can?

Congrats to all of the brides of the past and future!

Felicia A.K.A. Meeshamillz

Welcome! Happy planning!

I have found my dress. I am probably going to order it in 2 weeks.

Right now I am working on our passports..Yesterday we took our passport photos and have an appointment at the post office next saturday to send it off.

My fiance's 7 year old daughter is going to be the only child there. So she is taking on all of the childrens rolls (flower girl, ring bearer, jr bridesmaid, etc.) I have been trying to find the right dress for her. As a matter of fact we will be looking some more when I get off of work today.

I did just receive the first order I placed. I purchased 20 Turquoise and 20 Purple Round paper lanterns for decoration. The resort advised they already have white ones that we can use. For some reason when the package was delivered it all started to seem real to me...lol

Another thing I am excited about is the Monogram we had made. I found an awsome lady on etsy.com (by way of facebook) that only charges $4.50 to make you a custom monogram. My brain is overloaded with ideas of where to use them...Luggage Tags, t-shirts, OOT Bags, you name it, I've thought it!

I will be sure to post pics to this thread as soon as she emails me the jpeg file.

I will also post pics of our lanters when I get home.

Felicia

Sorry you will see this 2x's ...I just figured out how to reply to a specific post!...lol

I have found my dress. I am probably going to order it in 2 weeks. It is nice and flowy just right for a beach wedding in my opinion.

Right now I am working on our passports..Yesterday we took our passport photos and have an appointment at the post office next saturday to send it off.

My fiance's 7 year old daughter is going to be the only child there. So she is taking on all of the childrens rolls (flower girl, ring bearer, jr bridesmaid, etc.) I have been trying to find the right dress for her. As a matter of fact we will be looking some more when I get off of work today.

I did just receive the first order I placed. I purchased 20 Turquoise and 20 Purple Round paper lanterns for decoration. The resort advised they already have white ones that we can use. For some reason when the package was delivered it all started to seem real to me...lol

Another thing I am excited about is the Monogram we had made. I found an awsome lady on etsy.com (by way of facebook) that only charges $4.50 to make you a custom monogram. My brain is overloaded with ideas of where to use them...Luggage Tags, t-shirts, OOT Bags, you name it, I've thought it!

I will be sure to post pics to this thread as soon as she emails me the jpeg file.

I will also post pics of our lanters when I get home.

Felicia 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

Congrats! so what have you done so far? and do you have the oh so important dress yet? :)

Hey guys! I have officially purchased the first items that will go towards our wedding. Just so you know, Brett and I have gone back and forth over our wedding colors... I mean it was rediculus how many times we (I) changed our (my) mind! And just when we decided on some nice fall colors for a fall wedding in the south. We decided to have the wedding in Jamaica and had to change the colors another 3 or 4 times! So this may be the reason why I am soooo excited about purchasing our decorations...now we can't change the colors anymore! Lol So here it is... 20 Purple & 20 Turquoise Chinese Japanese paper lanterns!! They are 12" in diameter & cost 1.20 each. The 10" ones were 1.09 but I wanted them to be a little larger. I got them from www.justartifacts.com The total was & $48 & the shipping was $17.98. Even with the shipping these lanterns ended up being the cheapest I could find and in my colors. 47415c1a-cd4d-8fbb.jpg