Hi all Hawaii Brides..
I just found out that you can request a copy of your marriage license online instead of mailing in the so-called "green form" which is supposed to expedite receiving a copy. You can always just wait 3-6 months for the original marriage certificate to be sent to you from the State of Hawaii (but remember they are on "island" time), but usually most people request a certified copy which is much quicker. That way you can process your name change, driver's license, etc... much sooner.
I just ordered mine today, so I will let you know when I will receive it.
Here it is directly from the State of Hawaii website: www.ehawaiigov.org/ohsm
How to Apply for Certified Copies of Vital Records
- All applications requesting certified copies of birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates must generally be made in writing (application forms may be downloaded from this site - see below). Requests may also be placed for birth and marriage certificates on a limited basis through the Internet (www.ehawaiigov.org/ohsm). Telephone, FAX, or e-mail requests are not accepted.
- Fees for certified copies of birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates are identical:
- $10.00 for the first copy of each certificate, and
- $4.00 for each additional copy of the same certificate ordered at the same time.
- There is an additional fee for requests made through the Internet as follows:
- $1.50 for a request of one (the first) copy of each certificate, if the requested certificate is found, or for the cost of conducting the search, if the requested certificate is not found, and
- $0.25 for each additional copy of the same certificate ordered at the same time.
- Fees may be paid by cash (except for applications made by postal mail), money order, certified check, or cashierâ€™s check - make money order and checks payable to the State Department of Health.
- PERSONAL CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Fees must be paid by a charge to a credit card for requests made through the Internet.
- All fees for certified copies are payable in advance and nonrefundable. If no record is found after a search is conducted, the fees are retained to cover the cost of the search.
- Once an order has been received and processed, a $10.00 fee will be charged for any request to make changes to the order