Photo

For brides or visitors coming down here May 2011....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

I just wanted to forewarn you all that in the past couple of days Vallarta has started a ton of construction projects.  The one that will probably affect you most of all is the one right smack downtown as they are working on our beautiful boardwalk (not so pretty right now and not much walking going to happen for a while on it).  Anyway, there was no way to foresee this - in fact, the night before they tore our malecon up we had just driven downtown to look at a few traffic light changes and you couldn't tell that in just a few hours destruction would be in progress - this is how they do a lot of construction projects down here to try to avoid protests and things.  I don't want to scare you, but did think that you should know before you get here and are gobsmacked by it :):).

#2 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
    • 328 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Any idea how long it will last for?

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
      Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#3 xoamdxo75

xoamdxo75
      • 63 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

Like AfricanVenus asked, have you heard anything about how long the construction is going to last for?

#4 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

hi girls :).  Their plan is to have it finished before our Independence Day which is September 16th.  It's probably the date where downtown is the most full, so I think, as long as the rains aren't unusually heavy this year, they should be able to finish it by then.  At least, as far as the Malecon (the boardwalk) is concerned ... there are other projects going on around town but I don't think those projects really affect ya'all too much :):).

#5 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
          • 328 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

Thanks Mishka. Well, I'll have to let my girls know they may not be able to do my clubbing in June, lol.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~

#6 juanita perez

juanita perez
            • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:58 AM

i want to be a vendor here i do hair and make up in vallarta for brides i come to their hotel.

#7 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
              • 328 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

Then you need to apply to Tammy, the Moderator for vendor status. I think posting like you did is disallowed.

Originally Posted by juanita perez 

i want to be a vendor here i do hair and make up in vallarta for brides i come to their hotel.

#8 juanita perez

juanita perez
                • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

6.jpg

#9 juanita perez

juanita perez
                  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

well i know, thats why im asking, i need tammy,s info.

#10 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                    • 1,574 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

The clubs are still open but the other side of the street is a disaster ;).  the clubs might be a bit more inexpensive due to the lack of traffic on the main street scaring people away - so could be a good thing, if one looks at it that way ;);).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users