Jump to content

Photo

February 2012 Gran Caribe Real ~ Royal Brides


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 hilly1gh

hilly1gh
  • Newbie
  • 62 posts

    Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

    Hi Ladies -

     

    We just sent our Save the Dates and I thought I would share some pictures.  I ordered the magnets off of Etsy.com from a shop called Pinch of Spice.  I love them!273.jpg

    275.jpg

     

    277.jpg

     

    279.jpg

     

    281.jpg

     

    283.jpg



    #12 Txgirl001

    Txgirl001
    • Newbie
    • 43 posts

      Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

      awwh your save the dates are so cute.Thats my next step. Any ideas on photographers?



      #13 hilly1gh

      hilly1gh
      • Newbie
      • 62 posts

        Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

        I was going to use Samuel Luna because he is the most reasonably priced and was 20% off early booking. But literally the day I was going to sign his contract the photographer I was going to use when we were planning the wedding in the states emailed me. We talked and she's going to do my pics for the cost of travel + $250. I couldn't pass it up because I love her photo style. She's going to take photos the night before, the day of and do a TTD. Turns out she'd like a vacation and I want a photographer... perfect match! Question for all - how far have you gotten with planning through the resort? So far my time and place for the wedding is reserved, but they haven't let me know if the reception spot I want is available. I've read in this forum that most things take place once you get there, but I just feel like more can be done now and I know what I want.

        #14 Bride2B22

        Bride2B22
        • Member
        • 677 posts

          Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:37 AM


          I was married there this past June......you def want to confirm everything before you go there! get location confirmations in writting! The meeting with your onsite WC should be strictly to go over ALL final details....all final decision on important things like location for ceremony, reception etc should be done weeks before you arrive....as soon as possible actually.... The last thing you want to worry about is having your "preffered location" unavailable....Let me know if you have any questions!! =)
           

          Originally Posted by hilly1gh 

          I was going to use Samuel Luna because he is the most reasonably priced and was 20% off early booking. But literally the day I was going to sign his contract the photographer I was going to use when we were planning the wedding in the states emailed me. We talked and she's going to do my pics for the cost of travel + $250. I couldn't pass it up because I love her photo style. She's going to take photos the night before, the day of and do a TTD. Turns out she'd like a vacation and I want a photographer... perfect match!

          Question for all - how far have you gotten with planning through the resort? So far my time and place for the wedding is reserved, but they haven't let me know if the reception spot I want is available. I've read in this forum that most things take place once you get there, but I just feel like more can be done now and I know what I want.


           



          #15 hilly1gh

          hilly1gh
          • Newbie
          • 62 posts

            Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

            I am discovering this more and more each day.  I followed up on our wedding time because she never confirmed after my email asking to change it from 6 PM to 4 PM (but she had indicated she could do the change and that 4 PM was available).  Well today, two weeks later, she finally emails me back and says that another bride has booked the 4 PM.  I'm sure we'll be fine at 6; but I definitely asked her weeks ago and feel like if she had taken care of it when I asked, we'd have the time we want.  Planning a resort wedding is a lot of work with email communication.  I just want to pick up the phone and plan everything in one phone call.  UGH.



            #16 Bride2B22

            Bride2B22
            • Member
            • 677 posts

              Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:04 AM

              I agree 100%!!! I also loved to discuss things with my WC via phone....so my advise is, call her talk everything over, and then follow up immediately with an email "per our phone call" and have her confirm everything that was decided etc........that way you get the best of both worlds!

               

              BTW.....my hubby's name is Jerome too =)

               

              So are you having your wedding at the Royal in Cancun or Playa Del Carmen?

               

              Also, how's planning going? How many people are inviting??

               

               let me know if you have any questions!

               

              Originally Posted by hilly1gh 

              I am discovering this more and more each day.  I followed up on our wedding time because she never confirmed after my email asking to change it from 6 PM to 4 PM (but she had indicated she could do the change and that 4 PM was available).  Well today, two weeks later, she finally emails me back and says that another bride has booked the 4 PM.  I'm sure we'll be fine at 6; but I definitely asked her weeks ago and feel like if she had taken care of it when I asked, we'd have the time we want.  Planning a resort wedding is a lot of work with email communication.  I just want to pick up the phone and plan everything in one phone call.  UGH.



               



              #17 Shay12

              Shay12
              • Newbie
              • 68 posts

                Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

                Im getting Invites ready... its earlier than I had planned but people are just starting to book now and Im hoping to get the invites out so they still have plenty of time to book when they get them.

                My WC said I can wait to get down there to decide if im going to do a cocktail hour or not... do you think its ok to wait until then for that?

                I cant decide if I should do  a cocktail hour before the reception or if I should have the dinner start early then extend the dance an hour....

                Any thoughts? Bride2B22: You gave me a great idea to have it start at 5:30 then it still just went until 10 rather than 9:30. Did you have drinks for your cocktail hour or just champagne?



                #18 Bride2B22

                Bride2B22
                • Member
                • 677 posts

                  Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:43 AM


                  HI!

                   

                  Actually you should decide at least a few weeks before the wedding if you want to have a cocktail hour or not.....just because locations get booked quickly.....are you having a beach reception? Ours was on the beach and we had the cocktail hour near the reception area......we had o'dvrs and drinks served during this time! Basically whatever they wanted to drink they got! it was totally worth the money to pay and it felt like the "reception" was longer since everyone was launging around.....I just feel like waiting until you get there to decide or not is added stress......
                   

                  Originally Posted by Shay12 

                  Im getting Invites ready... its earlier than I had planned but people are just starting to book now and Im hoping to get the invites out so they still have plenty of time to book when they get them.

                  My WC said I can wait to get down there to decide if im going to do a cocktail hour or not... do you think its ok to wait until then for that?

                  I cant decide if I should do  a cocktail hour before the reception or if I should have the dinner start early then extend the dance an hour....

                  Any thoughts? Bride2B22: You gave me a great idea to have it start at 5:30 then it still just went until 10 rather than 9:30. Did you have drinks for your cocktail hour or just champagne?



                   



                  #19 Shay12

                  Shay12
                  • Newbie
                  • 68 posts

                    Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:57 AM

                    She told me it's champagne only and hot apps..... Your right it would be added stress. I'm going to decide sooner than later. We are having a beach reception. I think I will actually skip the cocktail hour and have it start at 5:30. It all adds up so much! Ill add to my oot bags instead. Does anybody have ideas for cheap bags?

                    #20 Webbie

                    Webbie
                    • Newbie
                    • 52 posts

                      Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

                      Hi Everyone!

                       

                      I am getting married at the Gran Real Caribe in Cancun April 2012.

                       

                      We hired a destination wedding planner here so we wouldn't have to go through the stress of dealing with the resorts planners. Everything is almost booked we are just trying to decide on the meal! And so far have 30 guests book but are thinking the final number will be closer to 50.

                       

                      So far for OOT bags I got nice large navy bags that I found at the dollar store. Also Old Navy usually has flip flop sales on and I managed to get each pair for 1 dollar. We are making our own little crossword and game puzzles to put in the bags and bought cute pencils on etsy that say you "You are the write one". I also picked up some anti-bacterial gel at Bath and Body Works for 85 cents each. I am on the search for small bottles of Aloe Vera for a good price now!

                       

                      We are doing the free package and just adding on the things we want. We compared prices and its almost cheaper to build your own as there were so many things included in the package that we didnt really care about.

                       

                      We are taking down our own photographer and minister as those are two things that are really important to us.

                       

                      Right now I am trying to decide on flowers and centerpieces. The flowers provided by the resort are quite pricey and I have heard mixed reviews. So we are looking at going outside of the resort.






                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Bing (1)