Sign in to follow this  
KrysP

Dreams or Riu Palace? Decisions, decisions...

Hi everyone-

So I'm newly engaged and new to this site, but all you ladies are amazing! We've decided on Los Cabos for our wedding in April 2012, but have never been there and are very stuck on deciding on resorts (as I see a few other brides are as well).  I'm putting down my thought as far as pros and cons of Dreams and Riu Palace.  Please let me know your inputs and add anything I haven't thought of yet.  We're expecting about 50 ppl for our celebration.

DREAMS

Pros: GORGEOUS!, classy and elegant, quieter resort, smaller and more intimate setting, no dinner resos, no wristbands

Cons: Seems like there may be a number of "extras" to pay for in addition to the wedding package (flowers, cake, chair ties, decor, etc), no disco on site, shut down at 10:30pm, further from town, wedding pkg only includes 20 ppl., smaller pools, may be more expensive for guests

RIU PALACE

Pros: Huge resort, everyone can spread out and do their own thing over the week, allows some "alone time" for us, wedding pkg includes up to 40 ppl, disco on site, less expensive

Cons: Have to make dinner resos daily, may be too much "party" atmosphere?, difficult to contact wedding coordinators, have read some reviews from unhappy brides.

Also, I know everyone has different tastes but I'm wondering how the food is at these resorts? From reviews I've read it seems like dinners are better at the Riu but bk/lunch is better at Dreams? What are your thoughts?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback =)

Hi Krys!

I'm booked for the Riu Palace in November. I have heard fabulous things about the Dreams resort, especially their weddings, but the cons you listed on here for the Dreams is EXACTLY why I ended up deciding on the Riu. Mainly the fact that there is no disco, further from town and more expensive for guests. Plus I LOVE the view from the Riu. Our guests are wanting a more fun atmosphere, which is why I went with it. I know people that have stayed at the Riu Palace and have raved about it. Plus there is a new wedding coordinator, Kylene, and she seems great so far! Very prompt in returning emails. Also, from what I have heard, it is more the Riu Santa Fe that has a real party atmosphere, and the Palace is quieter.

I think what it comes down to are your priorities in a resort! There are pros and cons to both resorts!

I hope this helps!