"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#971 kendall10-19-12

• 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hello Now Brides

My fiance & I are getting married at Now Larimar on October 19 2012. I'm happy that I found this forum & I have been busy reading the last 95 pages for a few days now. Excited to be a part of this now...

Alana...Can you please email me the extra cost breakdown list as well as the packages with menu options and the spa menu (adams.kendall41@gmail.com)

#972 Amybscn

• 15 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

OH my gosh i woul be soo angry :s

what location was it? and what dinner options changed? wondering if they were the same as mine and if i had to change as well... any info would be great

thanks amy

#973 suzzMF

• 50 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

hey ladies,

i was wondering how long after you guys sent over the credit card authorization, did you get the confirmation. I feel like everything is moving so super slow and i'm afraid that the date that I picked will be gone by the time i get an confirmation. can anyone help. thank you so much.

#974 beantown13

• 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hi Alana,

Would you be so kind as to email me the cost breakdown for 2012 and the spa menu?? I'm starting to a get a bit nervous, I have been calling the hotel religiously for the past week and I cant seem to get a hold of anyone..not the WC's nor the spa people. I think the Now Larimar might have bit off more than they can chew. I am getting married in April and I have alredy seen messages from 5 other brides on here getting married the same week. I know its a busy time for weddings, I just hope they havent overextended themselves and made us promises they cant keep. I went down in September for a week and we met with Claribel a few different times to go over stuff, but now that she isnt there I dont know how things will go down. In the meantime Im trying to be positive and just control what I can and have definitely added some DIY projects to my list!!!

Anyone has questions about the hotel itself, suggestions for receptions, rehersals, etc. feel free to reach out. I may have some pictures from my trip down there too. We ended up taking our engagement photos with the hotel photographers while we were there on vacation/business.

Thanks and Happy Planning everyone!!

#975 Alana LM

Alana LM
          • 56 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Everything moves on Dominican time and it is SO not as fast as things move here.  I would say you have to be super patient but at the same time keep up with them!

#976 vav11238

• 166 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Ok, this has just lit a fire under my butt!! I need to send Christine an email and make sure my stuff is sorted. 

#977 katno

• 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Any brides who have already had their weddings, could you please send me pics at kathiafrancia@hotmail.com? I'm am getting married in June. It is so hard to picture the different locations for the Ceremony, Cocktail and Reception. The resort doesn't have many and I can't find any good website with tons of pics.

#978 Aphrodite

• 178 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

I didn't have this experience at my hotel.

Before I chose the hotel - I emailed every hotel I was interested in and would ask the WCs questions and then see how fast their response time was.

Gran Bahia seemed the quickest and most efficient at all of this so I picked them to stop myself from having an anxiety attack lol.

Light a fire under their butts...tell them if they don't respond within 24 hours you're cancelling or something along those lines.

There is no excuse for them not to responding to you ladies within 24 hours.  In fact, I never had to wait more than a few hours to get a response - as it should be. They are running a business, in the Dominican or not, you need to be efficient when dealing with brides!!

#979 Alana LM

Alana LM
                  • 56 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

Katno, google Larimar and Punta Cana weddings and wedding photography and you'll find tons of images.

#980 Skygirl

• 512 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Are you ladies who are geeting married at Now in the next weeks/month must be getting excited...and nervous. Good luck to all of you, all positive vibes to you. Dont forget to come back and share your experience and your pictures...wohoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users