2000 replies to this topic

#1661 inga

• 39 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

#1662 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
    • 227 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

@Inga - Thanks so much for sharing your special day with us!  You looked SOO beautiful and the set up was gorgeous!  They did a fantastic job!  I may have to steal your lighting idea - Nice added touch!  Hearing your review - I definitely feel a LOT less stressed! 

#1663 jennifer8913

• 455 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
      • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Inga, you looked absolutely stunning! Thank you for posting your pics :)

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1664 traviesa403

• 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Im thinking of having my wedding at Now larimar as well..... I've been having issues with the wedding coordinatior in regards to answering questions has anyone had this issue at Now Larimar??

#1665 inga

• 39 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Thank you girls! 

Donna, I borrowed the lighting idea from another girl that talked about it on the blog :) Reading other experiences really made it easier and helped with expectations. My biggest advise is to make sure you picked the place for ceremony and reception, booked photographer (HDC if you can, not the resort photo), confirmed party times, left at least 3 hours in between reception and ceremony. Everything else is just details. 

Traviesa403, the resort is slow on reply, call them. Also, read this whole blog and you will get your questions answered. You will probably have similar issues with every resort on Punta Cana. They are just different there. They are however really good when it comes to getting things done on the day. 

#1666 KChenard

• 32 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Brides who just came back - I have the divine package and for whatever reason I originally thought the menu would be provided for guests to pick what they wanted as main course but Silvia my WC emailed me to choose 1 dish. Does that make sense? I choose 1 plate for all guests? 

#1667 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
            • 227 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

@Kchenard - I'm getting married 3 days before you - Probably see you there!  I have the Divine package as well, and have had to choose my one meal for all the guests...  I was surprised too, will be hard to please everyone - But, if they don't like it - there is no lack of food at the resort!  Getting SOOO close now!! Very Excited!!

#1668 KChenard

• 32 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

Thanks Donna! Do you know if they supply menu's ould I or should I print them myself when I make my choices? What dish have you decided to go with? 

#1669 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
                • 227 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I don't think they make menus, I've heard of other people making them on their own - I was thinking of bringing a chalkboard and just writing the menu on that - Maybe putting it on the bar or something...  These are my choices - Can't go wrong with lobster! (Except with my mother who hates seafood! haha)

Shrimp Cocktail with Brandy Sauce
                  Chicken Consomme with Tortellini and Vegetables Julienne
                  MAIN COURSES
                  Lobster Tail and Beef Steak Grilled with Red Wine Sauce,
                  Accompanied by Sauteed Mushrooms
                  Chocolate, Kalhua and Nut Cake with Strawberry and Vanilla

#1670 inga

• 39 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

girls, I had lobster tower, champagne sorbet, lobster and steak, tiramisu. It was wonderful ! The staff is very attentive too, very on top of it. 

If you really want, resort will settle to allowing you two options for dinner, but will ask you submit options two weeks prior. 

No one cared for a menu. We gave guests a choice and EVERYONE :) chose lobster and steak. It was so good! 

I wouldnt worry about menu, unless you have more than 25 people. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users