"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#1271 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

@NowBride2013 - I had read that somewhere too about Castaways not being available anymore... Grrr...  They hadn't mentioned that to me - I have another e-mail sent...

Well, poolside it is then!  I guess that limits the number of decorations that I will need ... I think I saw some lattice overhangs in some pictures... I will just decorate them and leave it at that!  

Maybe floating candles in the pool instead?  Anyone heard any rules about those?

#1272 chrisdeluca

• 84 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

Are any of you ladies getting married by the fountain gazebo? If so do you know whether the floral decorations comes with the package (devine) or if it's an extra add on??

And I would really love to know about castaways, that's definitely where I was hoping to have the reception :(

I wonder what the carnival terrace would look like...sounds sort of nice.

#1273 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
      • 227 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I think the only flowers that come with the Divine package in way of decoration are the arrangement for the sweetheart table for the reception - which they said could be moved to the table for the ceremony...  I think that's it though!

I'm wondering what the Carnival Terrace is like too...

#1274 Skygirl

• 512 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

yes, they only flowers for the decor they give you is the one from the ceremony table, but they move them for you to the sweetheart table.

Carnival Terrace sounds like a new location that they offer for receptions, didnt hear about it

#1275 Bride 2 B

Bride 2 B
          • Banned
          • 22 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

I advice every bride on this site to make sure you have all arrangements made with your coordinator in writing. Aparently, every deal Cristina made with me during my 11 months of planning is now being challeged and questioned. It's not my fault that three weeks befor my wedding my wedding coordinator has a family emergency. I hope the resort can work this out sooner than later becuase it is making me very anxious. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

#1276 Skygirl

• 512 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

@bridetob. what things are they questining?Christina was  great, but now she is gone. so emailed Mercy, havent heard back tho. My wedding is in October

#1277 jbmarch2012

• 460 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

I had my cocktail hour at the carnival terrace, if you have a party of 50 or more I think that spot would be too small. It's basically overlooking the fountains...

#1278 Skygirl

• 512 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

@jbmarch did u have your reception at Castaway tho?do u thnink castaway is too big for 30ppl?

#1279 Skygirl

• 512 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

does anyone know if its a castaway?i love this set up...does anyone know if i could hang those lanters myself or i need to hire some onetable set up.jpgtable set up 2.jpg

#1280 suzzMF

• 50 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

I have a questions for all past brides. 

Do you have a copy/ picture of your invitation that you could share with me. I'm in the process of putting mine together, but I'm unsure of what exactly to add. 

Also how did you get from the airport to the resort, did the hotel send a shuttle/bus or did you have to take a taxi,

Thank you so much,.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users