Photo

Flights to Dominican Republic

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 aahq45

aahq45
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

Has anybody had any luck finding any cheaper flights to the DR??  My wedding isn't until next January, but I just want to book and be DONE with it!!!!   The group rate my TA quoted us was $900!!!! 

#12 morgan7

morgan7
    • 219 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

im looking at getting married in the beginning of december and im running into this issue too. Im worried about the cost and how may guests will not be able to make it if it is this expensive. we just started looking into prices with our travel agent

#13 aahq45

aahq45
      • 179 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:06 AM

I don't understand!!!!  My future brother-in-law lives in Chicago and looked up flights for our wedding; it's only going to cost him $500 round trip!  Where as from Kansas City; we're looking at paying upwards of $900-1000?  I even looked into flying to Chicago and then booking a seperate trip from Chicago to the DR!?  In the end to fly to Chicago and then the DR would still be around $800!?  Should I just keep watching the flight prices??  Has anyone booked theirs yet?

#14 britb618

britb618
        • Site Supporter
        • 111 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:57 AM

I am having the same problem. Getting marrired in December in Punta Cana and I booked in January and got first class tickets for under 600 from Newark, NJ. Now the prices are over 600 for regular flights and alot of my guests still haven't booked. I was able to get a 5% discount from American Airlines, but I had no luck with any other airlines. Any one else have suggestions. I found that the group rate deal with continental didn't actually lock in the rate, so I would just be careful when you sign a contract with them. They said it is just the average price that all your guests will pay that they guarantee you, so they block the seats but the price is not discounted. I was shocked when I found this out...so be careful that you speak to an agent when you do the contract and ask all those questions, I didn't want to lock in an amount only to find out that all of my guests may pay 900...

#15 kris9685

kris9685
          • 173 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

For everyone traveling to DR just be aware that when you see prices listed online you need to add about $250 per couple in taxes to the cost. DR is one of, if not the most, expensive islands to fly to due to the heafty taxes.

#16 jlarruda

jlarruda
            • 201 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

Airtran and Jetblue flights came out today ladies!!

#17 britb618

britb618
              • Site Supporter
              • 111 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:50 AM

I still can't find the Airtran flights, but jet blue looks to be about the same prices as Continental. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users