Flights to Dominican Republic

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Iamalldiva

• 163 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

Im getting married at Riu Palace Punta Cana in October. My group travel has been broken into two parts: room and flight. All rooms cost have been paid. We are now working on the flights. I'm getting really concerned as I've seen flights are starting in the 900s. This is a little pricy as we have told our group to budget $500ish on the flights from MD. My travel agent has been searching since Jan and flights are still pretty high... Anyone else experiencing this same fear???

#2 aahq45

• 179 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

YES! I'm not getting married until next January, so we have some time to watch the airfaire, but I'm scared because the average has been $500-700, but $900 is ridiculous!!!  I even got my TA to look at group travel rates for 10 people traveling together and it wasn't any cheaper! :(  I would say to wait and watch them....hopefully they'll go down!  Also, set up a ding alert from airlines to your email, so you'll find out if they drop!  Sorry I wasn't much help!! :(

#3 jlarruda

• 201 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

Same boat here.. our TA is telling us flights will be about $600-$800 and the frustrating part is that not all flights are out for November 2011 yet, some airlines are but Jetblue and Airtran aren't out yet.

#4 Iamalldiva

• 163 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

It's so frustrating! I just don't want my guests to be put in a financial bind! They've already paid about $400 for the rooms. Now another $800+.... I'm just hoping these rates drop really soon!!!

#5 lesee

• 320 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

Our flights from Canada were about $900 all in.....hard one to swallow.

#6 Aphrodite

• 178 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:26 AM

I don't know how much our flight is....

I can tell you we are staying at the Gran Bahia Principe Punta in the Club Golden section and all together, taxes in, our group rate is $1385 CDN.

#7 jamie0820

• 183 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:33 AM

Yes!  The flights are outrageous! 

We still have people to book for August and the prices are now over 900/pp.  >:-o

#8 monicak

• 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:18 AM

Agreed!  I'm getting married July 20, 2011 and the prices are around $1400 per person.  I was at Riu Palace Punta Cana last June and only paid $700 for air / hotel.  Hoping it will drop for July!!

#9 natalie7

• Site Supporter
                  • 298 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

I would like to reply to ALL the brides going to DR for their wedding....

I'm getting married July 16, 2011 at the Majestic Elegance and my guests are flying from NEW YORK and NEW JERSEY. The SECOND the flights came out, I called the airlines and put a deposit on a GROUP RATE, which is a LIFE SAVER....

If there are any brides out there getting married around the same time as me, from the same place, going to Punta Cana---- I can help you out, I have about 100 seats with a deposit on them, I will only be using a little more than half of them.... I will give them to you!!!

Obviously, you have to meet certain criteria because this is travel from July 13- July 18 (varied days for either American, Jetblue or Continental).

Please, contact me directly at nbrittell@hotmail.com and put in the SUBJECT: FLIGHTS!!

Also, please pass this message on to anyone that you may speak to that this will help--- I will have to let these flights GO April 15, and I would hate for the prices that are $500 for a flight be sold for over $1000 a POP!!!

#10 japonick

• 78 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

We are getting married in Cabrera, DR and flying into Puerto Plata for a July 2, 2011 wedding.  Our flights were the most stressful part because of how quickly they fluctuate.  We purchased really early as did all but one of our guests.  We got ours from Newark, NJ to Puerto Plata for $402.20 each.  Now they are up to almost $700!  We tried a group rate, AAA rate, and just set a price alert on Kayak.com and booked it when it was low. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users