Jump to content
yeya99

Every thing you want to know about Catholic Ceremony at Grand Caribe Real

Recommended Posts

Great information!  I am getting married in the chapel in July, 2011.  Thanks for sharing all of this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant wait to see more  wedding pics of other ladies getting married at at the Gran Caribe Real Catholic  Chapel!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


how much did it cost for you to get married there? did you tip the priest? lol

 

do you think i could get married in the chapel if i iam already legally married? did you need to go to any special classes at your church to get your paperwork?

 

sorry too many questions! blink.gif

 

thank you!
 

Originally Posted by yeya99 View Post

Cant wait to see more  wedding pics of other ladies getting married at at the Gran Caribe Real Catholic  Chapel!!

 



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure how much it will cost just to have the ceremony at the Chapel......I was just married there 3 weeks ago but i had a package because i had my entire wedding at the resorts.......

 

you actually have to be legally married before getting married at the  chapel so that's perfect for you! and we did have to go take those marriage preparation classes at the church here, and have approval from our priest (in form of a letter) letting the church know in Cancun that we were allowed to marry there............

 

When are you having your wedding?? do you have a date? reception place??

 

Originally Posted by preciosa41987 View Post


how much did it cost for you to get married there? did you tip the priest? lol

 

do you think i could get married in the chapel if i iam already legally married? did you need to go to any special classes at your church to get your paperwork?

 

sorry too many questions! blink.gif

 

thank you!
 



 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait...Bride2B22- you HAVE to be legally married before getting married in the chapel? I didn't know that! we weren't planning on getting legally married until after! We've done all of our church stuff, but i wasn't told that we had to have the civil ceremony before. Did you do your civil ceremony there or back home? And did they make you bring your marriage license? If you got married back home, how much in advance did you get married, bc doesn't it take a while to actually get your official license back?
 

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

I am not sure how much it will cost just to have the ceremony at the Chapel......I was just married there 3 weeks ago but i had a package because i had my entire wedding at the resorts.......

 

you actually have to be legally married before getting married at the  chapel so that's perfect for you! and we did have to go take those marriage preparation classes at the church here, and have approval from our priest (in form of a letter) letting the church know in Cancun that we were allowed to marry there............

 

When are you having your wedding?? do you have a date? reception place??

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


you know what...........I am not 100% sure if you HAVE to be legally married before..........sorry!! lol......we got married a week before we left just to get it out of the way.....we got our license literally the same day.....that's how it works here...................BUT i dont think we had to be legally married before going to mexico..............but please double check with your WC..........I think we just did it to get out of the way........sorry ladies lol
 

Originally Posted by nadennec View Post

Wait...Bride2B22- you HAVE to be legally married before getting married in the chapel? I didn't know that! we weren't planning on getting legally married until after! We've done all of our church stuff, but i wasn't told that we had to have the civil ceremony before. Did you do your civil ceremony there or back home? And did they make you bring your marriage license? If you got married back home, how much in advance did you get married, bc doesn't it take a while to actually get your official license back?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, thanks! I'm going to check on that one. I wanted to do it before as well, but FI insisted we do it after we get back. So that's what we're doing. :)
 

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post


you know what...........I am not 100% sure if you HAVE to be legally married before..........sorry!! lol......we got married a week before we left just to get it out of the way.....we got our license literally the same day.....that's how it works here...................BUT i dont think we had to be legally married before going to mexico..............but please double check with your WC..........I think we just did it to get out of the way........sorry ladies lol
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really like the chapel there, and iam just not too sure of the resort huh.gif..iam on a budget and i need a all-inlcusive family friendly resort. blaaahh picking a resort is soo freakin hard! msncry.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies, I believe you DO have to get married legally prior to having your religious ceremony. I'm not sure where I heard it but that's what I'm doing so I think the reason we decided to do it before the ceremony in Cancun was because we were probably told we had to do so. Definitely check with your priest, local registrar, and/or the resort..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...