Deco advice needed- Bold Bohemian four-color wedding without overdoing? Local Mexico flowers in December?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rawbbyn

• Site Supporter
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

Hello BDW Sisters!

We just booked the Azul Beach Hotel for our wedding on December 17th, 2011. I am so excited to start planning a fun beach wedding with beautiful laid-back bohemian/gypsy yet classic details.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE bright colors and deep jewel tones, but I still want to incorporate a bit of chic Martha-Stewart/tea party styling. Attached is an inspiration board that best reflects my dream wedding colors. The issue that I am running into is when I put similar swatches of color together, from the board, it just doesn't have the same affect as the inspiration board; it almost reminds me of a Barbie's play castle or something, ha-ha!

I am trying to imagine linens and other details that would balance the colors, but I am struggling. I don't want my wedding to look like BLUE/PINK/GREEN/YELLOW "barfed" all over the beach, as I prefer a more organic style. Does anyone have any stylish examples or ideas of how similar bold colors can/have been used together?

I imagine I can pair the Ocean Blue, Green, Pink, and Mango with some neutrals, but I am wondering which ones? The white table linen in the center of the board just doesn't look right to me.

Also, I would like to focus on local flowers that will be in season, so any advice on local Mexico flowers would also be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!!Tropical-Cocktails-Wedding-Inspiration-Board-Wedding-Nouveau.jpg

#2 Maritza919

• 421 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

I'm getting married at Azul Beach too. I like those Mexican colors. Its different and totally doable in Mexico. Definitely fiesta colors. I'm using lime and purple but not everything will be those colors. I just booked but still deciding on extras.The booking is different that you do it from a website. Hopefully we can help each other :) good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users