Sign in to follow this  
weddingaway

FDA says HCG is "fraudulent and illegal"

Hey Ladies!

I hope that I am not bursting anyone's bubble but I just read this article from USA Today.  The good news is that it doesn't pose a health risk to anyone who has been using it.  The bad news is that it absolutely does not work for weight loss.

Read it for yourself here:

http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/fitness/weight-loss-challenge/2011-01-24-hcgdiet24_ST_N.htm/?loc=interstitialskip

There are lots of people who would disagree with the claim that it doesn't work for weight loss. In fact, there are lots of believers who have lost a ton of weight doing this diet...granted, we shouldn't be surprised that consuming only 500 calories a day (blink.gif) is going to make you lose weight...I mean, I'm sorry but that's starving yourself, I don't care what the hormones do. However, as long as people have success on it, it will continue to grow.

Actually, the FDA is in the process of clearing the products from the shelves so I doubt that it will grow.  The reason that people are losing weight is because they are still working out and maintaining a good diet.  The article says that HCG just has a placebo effect on people, so it's not actually doing anything good or bad.

Just because the FDA is clearing the shelves will do little. You can still buy it online, overseas. However, it is good that they are trying to take a stand on it and getting warnings out.