FDA says HCG is "fraudulent and illegal"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 weddingaway

weddingaway
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:50 AM

Hey Ladies!

I hope that I am not bursting anyone's bubble but I just read this article from USA Today.  The good news is that it doesn't pose a health risk to anyone who has been using it.  The bad news is that it absolutely does not work for weight loss.

Read it for yourself here:

http://www.usatoday....nterstitialskip

#2 richarsd

richarsd
    • 331 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:06 AM

There are lots of people who would disagree with the claim that it doesn't work for weight loss. In fact, there are lots of believers who have lost a ton of weight doing this diet...granted, we shouldn't be surprised that consuming only 500 calories a day () is going to make you lose weight...I mean, I'm sorry but that's starving yourself, I don't care what the hormones do. However, as long as people have success on it, it will continue to grow.

#3 weddingaway

weddingaway
      • 196 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Actually, the FDA is in the process of clearing the products from the shelves so I doubt that it will grow.  The reason that people are losing weight is because they are still working out and maintaining a good diet.  The article says that HCG just has a placebo effect on people, so it's not actually doing anything good or bad.

#4 richarsd

richarsd
        • 331 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

Just because the FDA is clearing the shelves will do little. You can still buy it online, overseas. However, it is good that they are trying to take a stand on it and getting warnings out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users